Chapter 25 : Travis Pops the Question

Travis held me tightly against him. Everyone just let us be for a couple of minutes as I tried to keep calm. He did not just build the house that I designed! This was too much. 

"And here I was, thinking that you forgot about picking me up from the airport," I blurted. 

"Well, I had to ask for help. I wanted to be here when you come so that you can put two and two together." He cupped my face and placed a chaste kiss on my lips and then looked at the rest of my family who were just looking at us with goofy smiles. "Please do come in our house, guys. You will all be staying here for the whole time you're here."

We all went inside as Travis opened the door for everyone. If we all fell in love at first sight with the exterior of the house, we fell in love with it even more as we got inside the house. The interior was what I imagined it to be and more. Entering the living room, I thought everything was just breathtaking. 

Travis came behind me and wrapped his arms around me, kissing my temple as he went. "You know, I cheated." 

"What do you mean?" Okay. I wasn't expecting to hear that word from him. Was he cheating on me? 

"I asked help from someone so reliable."

"Oh..who?"

"From me." Came another voice from behind. It was one of the voices that I haven't heard in person but I do know that voice every time that I talked with her on the phone. I turned to see who it was and we both shrieked as we hugged each other. 

"Oh my God! Hun! You're here!!! This is the best day of my life!"

We both let go and tried to catch our breaths. "Well, your boyfriend here was pleading that I should come. I can tell that you have made a right choice with this guy. He literally begged my employer to give me a month off this time and miraculously, he agreed. I wonder what he told him to make him say yes."

"You did that?" I turned to Travis. 

"I would do anything that makes you happy."

I kissed him on the cheek and he continued to show me around the house and introduced me to Dylan who apparently asked my help to get Jona to look his way. He clearly has the hots for her and was really wearing his heart on his sleeve to show her how much he adores her. 

Travis' parents came in a little later in the afternoon with his sister. I was really nervous when I met them but then his mother, sister and I got along just well talking about anything under the sun. 

In the evening, everybody gathered in the dining room for dinner. Travis changed his clothes into a more formal one as he told everyone to change. I was getting nervous by the minute. He got the dinner catered since it was going to be one big gathering. 

As we were all seated, I was surprised to see a change in the lighting. The room became a bit darker and a white screen came rolling done on the windows facing the lake. A projector was turned on and it showed  a picture of me and Travis. 

"As everyone would know, I met Jackie earlier this year and I have gotten smitten with her since the day that she picked me up from the airport. At first, I thought that the notion of having to go halfway around the world was crazy but when I saw her, I knew that the idea of getting on a plane was worth it. All thanks to Angie," he gestured to my Aunt across the table, "I proved that something better was waiting for me on the other side of the world." 

I wonder where he was going with this. The slideshow continued with our pictures in Sumilon. I smiled remembering those times. Travis continued with his narration. "And now that she is here, with me in the house that I built for here, in my side of the world. I couldn't be any happier. In front of everyone that we both love in this room, I wanna get down on one knee."

Everyone in the room gasped except for our parents who had knowing looks on their faces. My Mom was starting to get emotional and my Dad just planted a kiss on her temple. I looked at Travis's parents who were also wearing big smiles on their faces. "Babe," he called out. I looked at him and got down on one knee. "Babe, I know we're still in the middle of getting to know each other but I think with you, I got everything figured out. I know one thing is for sure, I can't see my life without you in it. I wanna spend the rest of my life with you by my side. With all the people here as witnesses to my undying love for you, will you do me the honor of being my wife? Will you marry me?" 

I didn't notice that everyone was looking at me and that tears were streaming down my face. I looked hideous when I cry but I didn't care. Travis has finally asked me the question and my heart definitely skipped a thousand beats hearing it. He opened the square box and showed me the simple silver band with a simple diamond cut in the middle of it. 

I nodded and he kissed me chastely on the lips and then slipped on the ring into my finger. I stood up with him and hugged him tightly. I raised my hand with the finger. The whole room erupted with applause and cheer for the both of us. 

"And finally, I will be waiting for the day that we'll be in front of the altar," he whispered. 

"But I am not yet done with school."

"I know that babe, so we can set the wedding after you graduate. I'm in no rush, now that we're engaged, I'll wait for the time that you've done everything that you want to do. As long as we're together, I am okay. " 

"Thank you."

He cupped my face and kissed me deeply in front of everybody else in the room. The whole party started kicking off with the dinner of course and the dancing followed as Dylan got his friend over and took the dancing to the front deck with him bringing Jona along. 

____________________________________________________________________________

Well, I finally got the chance after 48 years. Hahahahah! I do hope you like this one as the last chapter will be uploaded anytime this week. I'm finishing this book and then "Destined" so that I can start with my new book entitled "Letters to Russel". Don't forget to vote!