Chapter 22: When He Talks About a Special Project

Jackie's POV

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. It was still four in the morning and everyone was still in their bed. My phone beeped continuously as I struggled to find my hair tie. Pushing the answer button, I took the call.

It's been three months since Travis went back to Canada and classes already

"Hello babe," I said, my voice still groggy.

"Hey love... Did I wake you?"

"I nearly forgot that we were scheduled to talk today. Sorry about that. Good thing you called. Wait, let me set up the pc. Give me a sec, will you?"

I sat in front of my study table and turned on my laptop. I tried to fix my hair and look presentable despite the lack of grooming. The screen finally turned on and I immediately got Skype running. I called him and he answered immediately, wearing that freakishly irresistible smile of his.

"You know what, I'll never get tired of looking at your smiling face," I said absentmindedly.

"And I'll never tire of looking at your fresh from the bed face," he chuckled. "Makes me miss waking up next to you more."

I blushed at his remark and tried my best to calm my erratic heart from escaping the confines of my chest. Seriously, this guy needs to carry some health warning with him every time he says things like this. I mean like one moment I am breathing fine and in the next, I'm struggling to keep my heart in the right place.

"How's your day?"I asked as I tried to slow my heart down.

"Well, I did some steel framing and I got on the stilts today. It was so much fun but tiring too. How about you? How was your day?"

"It was fun. School has started but then there is still nothing much to do. I got some great classes and fun friends, too."

This was how we usually talk since he left. I would get up early and talk with him through Skype. I know that people would really have this negative thoughts about long distance relationships but then I think ours is different. He's the one who's really keen on talking before his day ends and before I start mine. It's hard but we managed pretty well.

Looking at his tired expression, I felt warmth coming from him though we were miles apart. Even if he was really tired from his job, he still takes the time to talk to me and make me feel how much I mean to him and show me how much he misses me.

"You know what, I saw Mom today at their place and they got a really cute puppy. Kinda reminded me of you when you told me one time that you wanted to have a puppy."

"What kind was it?"

"A golden retriever."

We continuously talked about things that were very special for the both of us. It was trivial for other people but then we didn't care much. We were happy just the way we were. And then it hit me that we started to talk about another kind of thing.

"Babe, I think I need your help with something."

"Sure. What is it?"

"Well, I have this client who wants me to build him a house but then this client wants the design wants my design. I mean, you know that I can't design houses. I just build them. Can you help me come up with a design?"

"Yeah. Sure. When do you need it babe?"

"There is no rush. You can give it to me next month, if you want. This client is really easygoing. He's actually planning to build his fiancée a house. He needs to have a girl's opinion on the design and I figured that this could be a really good stepping stone for you."

I never thought that he'd be thinking of me when it was his career waiting on the line. Even if he could actually do it, he thought of me instead and did not try to find someone that he knew personally in Canada. And I wasn't really experienced in the field of architectural design. I was a fine arts major for crying out loud.

"But I don't have any experience in architectural design. How am I supposed to do this?"

"I trust you. Think about the house that you want to have after we get married."

WE. That is a big word.

"Okay. That'll be easy as pie...I guess."

"I've no doubt that you can do it, babe. Well, I gotta go. I want you to get some more sleep before going to school. Love you."

"Love you too. You better get some rest okay?"

"I will. See you tomorrow."

"Yeah."

We both ended the call and I went back to bed. I sighed and tried my best to calm my heart. He trusted me with this project and I was so happy that he did. He wanted my input in some of his projects. That was so sweet of him. I was going to make him proud. I smiled at the thought of working together.

9","sta|