Chapter 16: The Confession

Jackie's POV

Travis was sweet and it was becoming harder for us to control what we feel. After the Harana stunt that he pulled off last night, I think he just made everything much more difficult for me. I was feeling better now and decided to head out to the resort.

We both decided last night to use the gift certificates that Mamita gave Travis when he own the palosebo game two weeks ago at the beach house. Mom was so happy that we were going there. By "we" I meant only Travis and I. My parents refused to follow us this time kasi sabi ni Dad, it was the perfect time for me to sort out my feelings for Travis.

After the mini-date/ harana last night, Mom rushed to my room to help me out with my packing.

"So anong sabi ni Travis about bukas?" she asked. She was folding the clothes I chose to bring.

"Nothing much except for his confession of his undying love for me."

"Talaga? I really like him for you, babe!"

She zipped up the bag and handed it to me after making sure that I had enough of the protection in my vanity kit.

"Yeah, I guess I like him too Mom."

She then kissed my forehead and bid me goodnight. I tried my best to sleep that night. I didn't know how to tell Travis that I already like him more than I should.

Today, we both left the house at around eight in the morning. I wanted to get there before lunch so that we'd have enough time to settle down in the room and to avoid the heavy traffic since one of the two bridges were going to be closed temporarily for repairs.

Travis wasn't making things easy for me in the car. He wore his signature wife beater and board shorts that hung a bit low. I just hope that I was also making things hard for him, too. I had a loose sleeveless shirt which hid my black one piece and some shorts as well. He sent a really naughty grin my way which told me that it worked.

At the resort, we were checked in immediately and thought that Mamita didn't really disappoint when it came to making reservations. Villa lang naman ang kinuha ni Mamita! Nakakaloka!

The villa was spacious enough for two people to roam around. It had a divider that separated the living room from the bedroom and the bathroom was to die for. I'd gladly sleep here in the tub. In the living there was a sliding door that leads to the indoor pool. The place was just divine.

"The place looks great," he said as he stood behind me looking at the pool.

"Yeah, so what do you want to do first?"

"I just want to be lazy and order room service today. Let's have all the activities tomorrow."

I nodded and went t get under the sheets. I wanted to sleep more since I woke up early. The pool can wait. As my eyes closed, I felt the other side of the pool dip.

"Don't you want to go swimming later?" I heard him ask. I felt him near me and wrap an arm around my waist. His hand rested on top of the duvet, by the way.

I felt like the room temperature just went up ten degrees higher. But then I welcomed it and tried to be daring by placing a hand on top of the one that was holding me close.

"I'd love to..." I turned to look at him, "if you want, we can go around the resort first then we can go swimming."

"I'd like that."

---------

We both woke up around one in the afternoon and decided to order late lunch from room service. We hastily ate and went around the resort.

Travis was really catching a lot of attention by strutting around without a shirt. He just held it in his hand since he wanted to get a nice tan. I just had the same outfit on. I didn't have much confidence in flaunting what I had yet. Girls sent flirting glances his way. Feeling ko nga the whole time, masasabunutan ko lahat ng nakikipag-flirt sa kanya. Pero Travis made sure about one thing; he wanted everyone to know that I was with him by wrapping an arm around my waist.

Sige! Magflirt pa kayo! Tignan niyo kung saan naka-wrap yung arm niya!

We made reservations to go parasailing, jet skiing an diving tomorrow. We then headed back to the buffet to have our early dinner. We were in awe as we saw that the buffet had different kinds of food from Asia to Europe and that the dessert bar was just paradise. I helped myself a lot with the chocolate fountain.

The moment we felt full, we went back to our villa, with our hands tangled. I felt happy and I could see him smile. His eyes weren't trained on anyone else but me. Other girls were trying hard to get his attention but he didn't care.

"Where would you like to swim? In the big pools outside or just here in our private one?" he asked as he got some towels from the rack in the bathroom.

"Anywhere is fine. How about you?"

"I'd like to swim here, if that's okay with you" he answered. I just nodded and then he went outside to the pool, laid the towels on the lounge and went into the pool. His back was more tanned now after the walk around the resort.

I stood in front of him and took off my shirt and shorts. I had a modest swimwear on and yet I still felt shy. He was just staring at me in awe. I tied my hair in a messy bun and went into the water. There wasn't much space for me to run away from him and I figured that I was tired of fighting the feelings already.

I came up to him and swallowed hard. I needed to find courage of what I was going to tell him. My heart was beating so wildly and I can't even help but shake even if the water was warm. I held out a hand to him and caressed his face. I liked the feel of his beard against my skin and smiled at him.

"Travis, I can't hide it anymore."

"What is it?"

"I want to say," I paused as he placed a hand on my cheek as well. His thumb rubbing my skin. "I think I'm in love with you already."

His eyes just sparkled at what he heard and I blushed beet red. It was after all my first time to confess.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. I've never been so sure in my life. Just take care of me."

"I will." He pulled me close and gave me a toe-curling kiss.

I held on to him for dear life and savored the moment that our lips met. This was surreal. I never felt this happy. In a short while, he taught me what it was to surrender to how you felt without the worry of having to be hurt again.

"Say it," he whispered after breaking the kiss.

I smiled against his lips and whispered the three words that I've been meaning to tell him.

"I love you."