Chapter 17: Making the Most of Our Time

Travis'POV

She just admitted that she loves me. Who would have thought that all the hard work of having this girl to like me just paid off? Breaking the walls that guarded Jackie's heart was not that easy. She was hurt before and got scared about the whole idea of love. Well, if it wasn't for her ex, I wouldn't be enjoying having her in my life and in my arms now.

After swimming last night, we got dried up, took a shower (separately of course) and cuddled up in bed. We talked about her plans after graduating from the university and the possibilities of her going to Canada. Call me whatever you want, but I can't wait to introduce her to my folks back at home. They've been nagging me to get a girl already since it was high time for me to enjoy my life with someone. And coming to the Philippines was not a mistake at all. In fact, it even gave me the greatest love of my life.

The things that I feel for Jackie are not the things that I felt before in my past experiences. Everything that I had with my exes before was just superficial. We only valued how good we looked in front of other people. But this is not the case with what I have with Jackie now. She had this heart filled with too much goodness and love and kindness that it was hard for her stay mad at someone for a long time. I mean, I've seen how she resented being with me and how she ignored her mother when we went to their beach house in the country but she tried her best to reconcile with her at the end of the day.

I watch her sleep in my arms now and I thank God every single second of me being able to look at her this way. I never thought that I'd be able to find someone like her. I've searched in Canada but it seems that I just couldn't point a finger where everything seemed to go wrong. Now I know why. I needed someone who was real. Someone who wasn't afraid to show what they really feel. And I can't believe I'm saying this but I thank Angie for introducing me to this gorgeous girl asleep in our bed in the resort.

She started to stir in my arms now and I smiled at the thought that this could be the start of us sharing a lot of mornings together in the future. I don't mind getting married early as long as she's the one with me for the rest of my life.

"Good morning, love." I greeted as she opened her eyes.

"Good morning." She looked at me with a gleam in her orbs. I leaned in to kiss her good morning. To hell with morning breath! She's got one like an angels!

She didn't seem fazed with the kiss and she even wrapped an arm around my neck to bring our foreheads together.

"I don't mind waking up like this every morning. Do you?" I asked as I grazed the tips of our nose together.

"No. I'd like to wake up with you like this every morning."

I was glad that she felt the same way. I eased a little bit off the bed to get up and get ready for the day with her. She did the same and I gave her some time to use the bathroom. I waited for her to finish in the living room so that I could take my turn to get changed as well.

After getting freshened up, we went to the hotel's restaurant to have some breakfast. We enjoyed the buffet and talked a lot as we ate. It was good to hold her hand once in a while as we shared our meal together. She was happy and I could really see that it was genuine from the way that she smiled and with the way that she kisses my cheek every time she gets the chance to do so. We left as soon as we finished breakfast and started with the activities that we booked today.

First in the list was the parasailing. It was an experience like no other. We were strapped in together and hoisted up in the air. It was fun and exhilarating and I was just lucky enough to bring the camera with me that time and recorded the whole thing.

The next one was the Jet Ski. I wasn't really accustomed to riding this one. We were taught how to and I can see that she was getting the hang of it better than I did. We raced for a couple of minutes while the time lasted. I still managed to get everything recorded and we had fun. The two of us were really tired with the things that we did and decided to cancel the scuba diving session that we had later in the afternoon. Jackie was beat and so was I.

We both decided to have some room service brought in for us for lunch. She was just adorable on how she pleaded that she wanted to go back to bed so bad after having lunch and promised that we'd go swimming after it.

"I want to take a nap" she said as she climbed back up on the bed.

"Okay."

"Come here." I raised my brow as I stood beside the wall that separated the bedroom from the living room.

"Why?"

"I wanna cuddle with you."

Who was I to ignore this siren's request? She was there lying in bed waiting for me to lie with her and with that I granted her request. I would make every minute of this short time that we had together count. She snuggled closer to me as I took my place in the bed. Her leg was on top of mine and her arm draped around my waist.

"You really don't want to let me go, eh?"

"Yup."

I kissed her temple and she breathed against me with content. She looked up to me and cupped my face.

"I love you Travis."

"I love you, Jackie."

She smiled at the sound of her name and she pulled my head closer to her to share another chaste kiss before the both of us catch some z's.

FM1DSh�>��_s