Chapter 19: Silent Treatment

Jackie's POV

Travis came back to the room just before the time we were about to check out. I packed up his bag for him. He just got it and headed out of the villa. This was supposed to be a fun time for us but now I am dealing with a sulking hot twenty-year-old, bearded CEO.

He was really trying to ignore me. No word came out from his mouth once we both made our way to the front desk to check out. He left me to talk with the staff and I didn't feel comfortable with him being like this with me. But on second thought, I wouldn't be seeing him sulk like this if I hadn't told him about my sick insecurities. Great! Just great! He only had three days left and I wonder how am I supposed to end things with him.

The valet got our car for us and I stood there waiting for him to say something to me but he just kept his lips shut as if there was a zipper there somewhere. I heaved out a sigh and I could feel that his eyes were on me despite the fact that he was wearing sunglasses. As soon as the car arrived, he opened the passenger seat and hopped in. I ran towards the other side and took my seat.

It was lunch time and I thought that he would be hungry. I drove as fast as I could to the nearest burger joint that had a drive through. I just went on to order for the two of us since he wasn't saying anything and I just had to hope that I made the right choice with the order that I made. I paid for the food and handed him his share. He took it without any word and ate in silence. I took a sip of my soda and continued to drive, sending a curious glance at him every once in a while.

So this is what it feels like to not talk with your other half. It was painful and the silence wasn't really a welcome one. I hated that he had to give me the silent treatment but then there wasn't anyone else to blame in this situation but me.

We got home and Mom welcomed us. She then noticed that Travis was giving me a cold shoulder as I tried to tell him that he left his unfinished food in the car. Mom just looked at me and I just went straight inside.

"Jackie, are you okay? What happened?" she asked worriedly.

"I don't want to talk about it Mom. Not now."

-----

Dinner time came and Mom called us all to gather at the table. Travis sat opposite me but he never laid his eyes on me once. He talked with my older brother a lot and I just tried my best to chew whatever it was in my mouth. Being ignored wasn't fun and I realized it now. I somehow understood what he felt the first time that he came here. I ignored him most of the time but then that didn't stop him from taking my heart from the darkness that it was before.

After dinner, Travis retired to his room telling everyone that he was tired from the trip and that he needed time to rest. I, on the other hand, went to the garden to think things through. I sat on the swing on the deck at the back of the house facing the mini studio that Travis built for me.

"You know, you can always tell me what happened," my Mom said as she joined me on the swing. "So, what's up between the two of you?"

I rested my head on my Mom's shoulder and I felt tears coming out, refusing to be held back. I sobbed harder and Mom tried to tell me that everything was going to be okay.

"Sweetie, what brought this on? Did he do something to you?" I shook my head. Travis didn't do anything wrong. It was me.

"He has done nothing else but be nice to me Mom and I'm so stupid to not see how deep he's loved me in just three weeks. I hurt him. I doubted how he felt about me."

"Why would you do that sweetie?" My Mom tried to wipe the tears that were falling down on my face.

"I don't know. It was because I felt I'm not... I'm not good enough for him. That's what my ex told me. I was never going to find a guy that would last long with me. They were just going to get bored of me and I was beginning to feel afraid that once he gets back to Canada, he'll forget about us."

Mom tried to soothe me more by rubbing back but then the tears just kept on coming instead of stopping after getting everything out of my chest. I didn't want to let him go and deep down that's what Travis wanted to.

"Baby, I don't think Travis is that kind of guy. He was even brave enough to talk to your Dad about the two of you and how far he would like to take your relationship."

"What do you mean Mom?" I eased away from my Mom, hastily wiping my tears away.

"Actually, he's asked your Dad for your hand." What? Is this for real?

"You're joking, right, Mom?" she shook her head.

"That's how he loves you. He told your Dad how excited he is for you to meet his folks. Your Dad has already agreed for him to take you to Canada this year. He just seems to forget about everything else when it comes to you. He's willing to move his business here so that he could just be with you."

I knew this. He told me this once and I didn't believe him. I was so surprised that he took the time to talk to Dad. My feelings were tossed and turned with this admission. My father was the type who never said yes to anything which he thought was bad but then he agreed with Travis could it be I was the only one who didn't see how much Travis felt for me?

"I don't know what to do Mom. What should I do?"

"Make amends, my sweet" she kissed my forehead and left me to think on the swing.