Year 6: Am I Late?

A/N: Nakapag-ud din after ages! Enjoy tho medyo bitin siya I guess. :P

Leni smiled as she saw her favorite staff, Mara, get busy leading in arranging the small gathering for her birthday celebration.

"Hi mam," Mara greeted her upon seeing her. "Busying busy ka ha?" She chuckled. "Medyo nalang mam, okay na po lahat. Food, invitations." She happily shared.

She finally had the chance to ask her about something she's been wanting to ask since she asked her to lead in arranging the small gathering weeks ago.

"Mam, iinvite po ba natin si Digong?" She asked making her slightly stunned to hear his name again. "Oo naman," it took her a while to respond. "Bakit hindi? Syempre pangulo natin siya." She followed, she didn't expect that they would have a second thought inviting him to her party when she was actually hoping for his presence thinking it might trigger their feelings and be a turning point towards their reconciliation.

"Ah, sige po mam." Mara nodded. "Oo, kase kung makakapunta siya eh di okay. Kung hindi, at least ininvite natin siya." She continued, the idea of him not coming sank to her.

April 24, Sunday. Her belated birthday party was held in Boracay Mansion where her closest friends and colleagues were invited. She had another celebration earlier, April 23, Saturday in Naga for her family and relatives.

She opened her closet and looked for a nice dress to wear for her party. A part of her felt so excited for this gathering, she knew Digong is coming and it is likely for him to attend — therefore, she has to look best.

It has been over five minutes since she started looking for a nice dress in her cabinet and she still couldn't decide which one to wear until she saw a special dress — the dress she wore during her very first courtesy call with the president. She paused for a moment and gazed at the dress as she iron it with her palms.

Perfect. She thought it was the best pick as it can remind so much.

In no time, she got into her dress and fixed herself before she went down to start entertaining the guests that came one by one.

The people inside the place started to increase, they greeted her and socialized with the others before they proceeded to the buffet table.

Leni glanced at her watch, 7:45PM. It has been over one hour since the event began but she couldn't think of anything than how much she was expecting for Digong to come. Suddenly, former DFA secretary Yasay approached her for a personal greeting.

"Happy birthday, Leni." He greeted. "Sorry hindi kita nabati kanina. I entered earlier but you were busy entertaining the guests." He followed, she chuckled. "Ay nako okay lang sec," she replied warmly.

"Si Digong ba pupunta?" He asked, they were both unaware if he is really coming. "Hindi po ba siya makakapunta?" She replied with a question. "Ininvite mo ba?" He asked. "Opo, invited si pangulo kaya lang hindi ko kase alam if pupunta siya," she responded discreetly hoping he would.

"Ah, ang alam ko kanina delayed yung flight niya from Singapore, doon stopover niya kaninang mga 5PM." He shared. "Five na siya naka-alis doon?" She asked in slight surprise as she thought he left Singapore since three. "Oo, nag-economy kase siya, I heard nadelay kanina." He retorted.

With what he just told her, Leni felt more hopeless that Digong would really bother to come to her small gathering thinking he might be too tired already to travel from the airport to Quezon City.

"Excuse lang, sec," she excused herself and went to the comfort room inside a cubicle for some privacy. Upon closing the door, she sighed and closed her eyes enduring the prickle in her chest. She took out her phone from her bag and reread Digong's message to her days ago after receiving the invitation.