Year 5: Expecting Too Much

A/N: Huhuhu I wanna thank y'all because we're consistently at the romance charts. Yu guys are so wonderful. I hope you keep supporting my works and updates. Please vote, share and comment your feelings if you can! Ily all!

~

Justin Trudeau was indeed a very warm and friendly leader. Upon his visit along with the recognized businessmen of Canada to the Philippines, he immediately formed a good rapport with President Duterte and his vice president, Leni. PM Trudeau loved their company as well, he found Rodrigo's humor as something really exquisite, he found Leni immensely beautiful and sweet.

After the formal meeting of the Canadian visitors with the Philippine leaders, Rodrigo called them for a snack and a random chat. He wanted to make them feel at home but then he didn't expect that something would come up and distract him from his agenda.

He keeps looking at her, the prime minister of Canada keeps stealing glances at Leni, it distracts Rodrigo to witness it.

When Justin finally had the chance, he brought up the topic. "President, you're vice president is very beautiful." He told them.

"You're very beautiful and sweet." He reiterated directly to Leni making her blush. "Ay, thank you, thank you."

She had to look twice at Digong after she saw his bright mood shift swiftly into a distracted one upon hearing Justin express his admiration for her beauty.

"Is your husband in politics too?" He asked. "My husband is long gone, actually last 2012 I've been a widow but he used to be in politics. He actually entered before I did." She replied. "Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. I didn't mean to—"

"No, it's okay." She assured with a sweet chuckle. Rodrigo focused himself to talking to the businessmen to shift his attention away from jealousy.

"Are you seeing anyone or are you in a relationship?" He asked politely. For a moment, she didn't know what to reply. She still counts herself as someone taken as she's still hopeful about working things out with Rodrigo but then, technically, they aren't together, so she thought the best answer would be, "No."

Awkward.

Digong told himself upon hearing her response. He hated how her brief answer appears to him like she's flirting with Justin discreetly.

"Really?" He nearly exclaimed. "I'm sorry, I just... I find it hard to believe." He chuckled.

Rodrigo and a few of the Canadian businessmen walked towards the door as they agreed to be toured by the president, himself, around the palace.

"You're very beautiful, how can you not see anyone? I'd date you." He complimented purely, she blushed. "But I'm married so... my wife would kill me if I did." He jested making her chuckle.

"No... I just. Maybe I'm not ready to see anyone yet?" She explained. "Or maybe I'm still waiting for someone." Her voice fainted as she looked at Rodrigo busy talking with the guests. Justin trailed her line of sight and saw Rodrigo at the other end.

"The president?" He wondered as he heard a little about their past. "You dated him, right?" He asked. She smiled weakly. "I don't know of I read the news correctly but I think I saw the two of you before on the headlines." He added.

"Mmm..." She mumbled. "Yeah." She uttered with a soft voice. "Before." She clarified. "Not anymore?" He asked as he felt her comfort in sharing such information to him.

She looked at Justin and flashed a vulnerable stare. "Not anymore." She confirmed.

"I don't know." She cuts in the sad mood. "He just deserves someone better." She pitied herself. "Don't you think you're enough?" His face furrowed, she chuckled.