Year 4: Is It a Happy Birthday?

"Ma, di na yata kayo masaydong lumalabas ni tatay Digong?" Jill asked while they were eating their dinner together.

"Mmm! Malapit na siya mag-birthday diba? May plano ba?" Tricia recalled, Leni felt like it was the right time to tell them about their break up.

"Ah... wala na kami ni Digong." She confessed surprising them. "Bakit? Anong nangyari?" Aika asked hoping he didn't do anything to hurt her or else she would be infuriated.

"Nambabae?"
"Nagloko?"
"Nagsawa?"

Leni chuckled faintly. "Hindi. Kayo talaga." She replied. "Ano kase..." She knew she couldn't tell them it was because of Bolet.

"Ano... naisip namin na mahirap pumasok sa relasyon habang may trabaho kaming ginagawa. Medyo complicated, distracting kaya ayun, napagdesisyunan namin na wag nalang siguro. Mabuti na yung magkaibigan nalang kami." She clarified. The girls felt a bit sad for them as they started to like Digong for her upon seeing how sincere he was and how happy she was with him.

"Ganon?" Jill responded. "Sayang naman. Mga three years narin yata kayo, ma? Ngayon niyo pa narealize yan." She followed. "Oo nga, ma. Okay narin kami kay tatay Digong eh." Tricia joined in.

"Okay lang ba sayo yan, ma?" Aika worried. Leni sighed, "Oo naman. Reasonable naman yung paghihiwalay namin kaya okay lang." She assured. "Eh kay tatay Digong? Okay rin ba?"

She snorted, "Yun pa ba? Napakaunderstanding nun sa lahat ng sitwasyon ko. Okay lang yun sakanya tsaka ang mahalaga naman dito okay kami kahit wala na." She explained.

The girls felt a bit bad for them as they witnessed the sincere love between them for the past three years that they have been together. Despite that it was quite uncomfortable at first, they learned to get along well with Digong too and hearing about their break up just made them feel a bit torn.

"Well, okay narin siguro yan pero ma, sana si Digong na yung last. Medyo parang ayoko na isipin yung future na baka may ipakilala ka nanamang bago tapos back to zero nanaman kami sakanya na getting to know. Kung si Digong, si Digong, if hindi, sana wala nang sumunod." Aika expressed.

"Yes, ma. Tayo tayo nalang. Ayoko narin magback to zero with a new dad noh." Jill agreed.

With their sentiments shared, Leni felt the remorse of having the need to let go of Digong because of Bolet. Digong was almost everything she wished for already, her kids like him and vice versa, he makes her happy, he makes her complete.

He was perfect but then the only problem is that they can't be together.

"Mam, punta ka bukas ng gabi ha? Papakain ako rito para sa birthday ko." Digong personally invited after the cabinet meeting.

"Sige, sige. Ikaw pa ba? Syempre dapat present ako sa birthday mo." She pledged to come. "Talaga mam?" She could clearly see the happiness on his face. "Promise, sir. Papalagpasin ko ba ang birthday mo?" She replied.

He called for a small gathering at Bahay Pangarap where the cabinet members and children are invited. He scheduled it the night before March 28th as he was scheduled to fly to France for a state visit disabling him to celebrate his birthday on the country.

Leni got into the clothes she wore at the AFP ceremony where she first met Digong. She wanted him to remember the first time they saw each other on his special day. She combed her hair and wore a cherry lipgloss to colorize her lips.