Year 1: Yellow Rose

She sighed and sat on the dining area as he cooked two sunny side up and served two plates of garlic rice on the table.

"Good morning," he greeted and kissed her cheek. "Mmm, morning." She replied and smiled at him, she watched him sit next to her. He observed her face, he knew she has a problem — he sort of mastered her system.

"Ang aga aga bakit naman parang problemado ka na agad?" He asked, she didn't know how to begin.

"Mmmm... alam mo naman na sobrang kumplikado ng pagiging vice 'di ba?" She began, he nodded as he took a spoonful on his mouth. She paused for a moment hesitating to continue but she knew it was just right to tell him.

"Bakit? Anong meron?" He asked wondering what was bothering her. "Kagabi kase... nag-meeting kami ng mga cabinet members kasama si sir— si Digong." She painstakingly shared. "Napagkasunduan kasi namin na... magpapanggap kami ni Digong..." she spoke expecting a negative response from him. He looked away hinting his disapproval.

"Pero it's purely for the show. Para lang maglie low yung issue ng supporters namin para mabawasan yung mga issue na hinaharap namin kase sobrang stressful yung sobrang dami na nga naming sinosolve na issue tapos dadagdagan pa non." She defensively explained.

"Leni? Nakakapag-isip ka pa ba ng maayos?" He scoffed. "Alam mong matagal ka nang gusto niyang si Duterte tapos papatulan mo yung ganyang agreement?!" He slightly raised his voice.

"Pero we agreed naman that it would be platonic. Ipapalabas lang talaga sa mga tao na kami para matigil na yung mga—"

"Sus, Leni." He cuts in and wiped his mouth with the table napkin. He walked out and shut the room's door leaving her behind alone in the dining area.

She sighed heavily, she saw his reaction coming and she hated to see him being troubled because of her. He was special to her, he has been there ever since Jesse was gone, he helped her up when she was at the rock bottom of her life, he never left when she needed him the most, he took good care of her and everything, she was sure that he loves her more than anything and her conscience just couldn't contain the fact that despite all that, she gives him more number of headaches than love.

She decided to finish her meal and wash the dishes before she stood next to his room and courageously knock on his door. "Bolet..." she called softly. "Kausapin mo naman ako," she pleaded feeling so heavy for making him feel that way. "Please? Sige na naman. Buksan mo na yung pinto." She followed. After a while he unlocked the door and made her open it by herself.

He sat on the bed and pretended he was reading a book not giving her a chance to talk. She strode towards him and held his arm. "Usap naman tayo." She gently stroked his arm. "Go on," he replied.

"Wag ka naman magalit sakin, hindi naman porket may agreement na ganito, ibig sabihin maaapektuhan tayo. Matatanda na tayo," she explained. He sighed heavily, it was inevitable for him not to feel insecure of Digong, he was the president and he's quite sure that he has a huge admiration for Leni.

"Leni... ang hirap kase na tagong tago na nga tayo tapos kailangan ko pang basbasan yang pagpapanggap niyo ni Digong. I know, you know that he likes you, para naman kasing lokohan 'to, Leni." He expressed his worry. "Bolet, walang nanloloko, hindi kita lolokohin. May agreement, walang ibang mangyayari maliban sa magpapanggap kaming kami. Yun lang. Alam mo yung totoo," she replied.

"What if he demands to touch you? Kiss you?" He questioned, she paused for a moment as it never crossed your mind. "Eh— w— tingin mo ba irerequire kami ng mga tao na gawin yon? I mean, I don't think kailangan namin maghalikan in public for this. Presidente siya vice ako. Magpapanggap lang kami na kami, siguro laging magkasama sa events, magkatabi, yun lang. Wala ka namang dapat ipag-alala." She answered, he realized that she had a point but there is still something making him feel insecure.