Year 1: First Dance

This is the fourth time Leni rejected Digong's invitation for a dinner. She did have valid reasons and excuses but it was just inevitable for Digong to feel a bit down about her. He courted several girls way back before and when they get to reject him for over two times, he just give up as he sees it as an indirect way of the girls to say I don't like you.

"Digong, anong balita?" Bong asked as he was eager to know if he was able to ask Leni to come with him on Dureza's birthday. "Kay Leni?" He followed.

"Ah? Ah." Digong replied. "Di ko pa natanong, malamang naman di yun pwede." He sounded so cynical. "Di niyo pa nga natatanong, hihindi agad? Tanong niyo muna." He cheered him up. "Sus, busy yon. Alam mo naman, minsan nga di ko masabi kung okay lang ba talaga sakanya yung agreement. Parang umiiwas nga siya, mas okay pa yata yung noon." Digong confided.

"Eh... try mo lang Digong. Baka naninibago lang." Bong countered and handed his phone. Digong sighed.

Leni was slouching at her chair in her office taking a break from her stressful work. She suddenly thought about Digong whom she rejected for so many times due to Bolet's cautions.

Sana man lang makabawi ako. Ilang beses ko na siya tinuturn down.

She spoke to herself as she gazed into the Ecuadorian rose that he gave her. She swiped her phone, she didn't have definite reason why, she just felt like she's expecting something she can't determine what.

Her phone rang startling her for a moment.

Digong calling...

It was probably what she was expecting for. She took a deep breath before she answered his call.

It was the third ring already, Digong felt like she won't be picking it up but surprisingly, she did on the fourth ring.

"Hello?" She answered.
"Hello? Hello ma'am?" Digong replied.
"Napatawag po kayo?"
"Ah, sorry, may ginagawa ka ba?" He replied. "Ay, wala po. Wala naman. Okay lang po. Ano po ba yon?" She answered.

"Oh, tanong ko lang sana mam kung pwede ka bukas ng gabi. I hope I could bring you with me sa birthday ni Dureza." He courageously invited but he already set himself for another rejection from her. "Parang date ba, mam. Kung okay lang naman." He followed, it took her a while before she replied.

Bong looked at him hopeful to witness him being accepted by Leni.

Digong's heart broke as she didn't express her response right away, "Okay lang mam kung may gagawin ka naman. I was just hoping—"

"Sige, sir." She interjects startling him largely. "Uy!" Bong exclaimed as he heard her over the loud speaker.

"Seryoso mam?" Digong replied. "Yes sir. Bukas diba? Pwede naman ako." She finally found a way to make it up to him. Bong felt even more anticipated.

"Yes mam. Bukas ng gabi mga 7PM. Sunduin kita sa office mo mam?" He asked. "Sige, sir. Hihintayin ko nalang kayo bukas." She replied. "Okay mam. Sige mam. See you." He bid before their conversation ended.

Digong looked at Bong with so much surprise in his face. "Oh diba! Pumayag si babe mo, Digong!" Bong couldn't feel more excited for them.

"Di ko inakala. Kala ko irereject ako ulit." He stated. "Sunduin ko siya bukas sa office niya bukas mga 6 siguro." He followed. "Sige, Digong. Nakakaexcite 'to." Bong replied.