Year 5: False Alarm

"God!" Leni swore as the light blinded her eyes and her head endured a stinging pain; she returned and laid back on the bed.

She covered her eyes with her palms and tried to recall what happened earlier and why her head hurts so bad.

"I didn't expect you ha?" She told her as they stood next to each other at the buffet table. "Ah, ikaw rin, I didn't expect you here." She didn't mean to sound disrespectful but it appeared like a low key rudeness to her.

"Lakas ng loob ha?" She hinted her mockery. Leni picked up her aura, she paused for a moment and decided not to engage.

"Were you invited or pumunta ka lang?" She triggered her. "Binigyan nila ako ng invitation." She replied briefly. "Sabagay, VP ka nga pala. Reasonable naman." She tried to justify. "Pero kung hindi ka vice president, do you think maiinvite ka?" She followed with a sarcastic chuckle, it irked Leni so bad as she was never fond of her ever since.

"Alam mo, Let, wag na sana natin palakihin 'to." She placidly replied.

"Let." She scoffed. "Have a sense of respect naman, Leni. We're not close para tawagin mo akong 'Let' I'm the first lady of the country you're serving." She added.

Honeylet - 1 point
Leni - 0 point

"Sorry, Ms. Honeylet." She replied sarcastically. "Apology accepted." She retorted. "Kung respect rin naman yung pinaguusapan, sana irespeto mo rin ako bilang vice president." Leni rebutted.

Honeylet - 1 point
Leni - 1 point

"Well, apologies VP kaya lang kase, VP ka nga but you don't have the president's back." Honeylet refuted.

Honeylet - 2 points
Leni - 1 point

Leni remained silent. "I have his back. Do you?" She followed. "Ay, bakit ka nga ba baback upan ng pangulo, niloko mo nga pala siya." She added.

Honeylet - 3 points
Leni - 1 point

"Honestly, taas kamay ako sa'yo for having the guts to show up here considering yung sitwasyon niyo ni Digong ha? Daring." She uttered softly so no one would know how they are arguing.

Suddenly, Digong walked towards them. "Umupo ka na sa table, ako nang kukuha para sa'yo." He informed Honeylet and tried to avoid Leni's eyes. "Ah, sige." She replied.
He left and approached the buffet table leaving Leni and Honeylet again.

Honeylet - 103 points
Leni - 1 point

"I hope you don't mind me asking, 'di ba you live to serve the people?" She stated and handed Leni her plate. "Pakibalik naman, madam VP." She uttered cockily as Leni took the plate from her.

Honeylet - 203 points
Leni - 1 point

Leni watched her walk away with pride as she held her plate. She sighed painfully and handed her plat to one of the waiters. "Thank you." She told the waiter.

The night pushed through, Leni stayed at her table and socialized with the guest but it was inevitable for her not to feel affected witnessing Digong interacting with Honeylet instead of her. "Drink?" She proposed to her friends on the same table.

Leni barely noticed how much she was drinking as she was too distracted by the view of Rodrigo with Honeylet.

"Jusko," she uttered as she recalled everything.

"Excuse me." He told his guests during the meeting as his clerk handed over the last documents necessary for the guests.