Year 6: Bad Angle

"Parang bumabalik." He chuckled when Bong caught him staring at Leni's photo on an old magazine. "Lakas ng tama mo, Digong." He jested.

It's already February 10, he recalled that he called out the cabinet members including Leni for a small gathering on 14 — Palace's Valentines buffet.

"Ligawan ko kaya ulit?" He chuckled to appear like he was saying it in jest despite that he was really considering it. Yasay passed by them as he headed to the meeting hall for his meeting.

"Anong meron?" He asked wondering why Bong and Digong seem to be talking something interesting and intriguing. Bong knew it was safe to tell Yasay about it. "Si Digong, sir. Liligawan daw si ano." He looked at Digong wondering if he should continue, Digong blushed.

"Sino? May nililigawan ka nang bago? Ilabas mo na yan sa 14!" He teased unaware of who he was going after. "Si ano—"

"Si Leni," Digong continued with a laugh that made his eyes chinky.

Yasay was shook to hear that he is considering of courting Leni again. "Talaga? Anong ihip ng hangin at biglang bumigay ka nanaman kay Leni?" He asked, he has always been rooting for the two of them.

"Subok lang." He clarified but he have so much hopes for it. "Di ba sila ni Quimbo?" Yasay asked upon hearing the two names being linked together recently. "Sabi ni mam magkaibigan lang daw sila." Bong corrected. Digong has been aware of Leni and Miro's friendship ever since, he knew she was telling the truth.

The Valentine's buffet was set up on Rizal Hall of Malacañang for the cabinet members and staffs to enjoy. Digong stayed at his office while waiting for the other guests — while waiting for Leni to come.

"Pupunta ba talaga si Leni?" He asked. "Yes, sir. Nagconfirm po si mam kaninang umaga." Bong replied. "Bili ka nga ng magandang bulaklak sa dangwa." He instructed Bong. "May red, white, yellow at blue na rose dapat. Gandahan mo ha!" He demanded. Bong nodded, he found Digong's efforts for Leni very sweet.

While Bong is out, Digong pulled a nice piece of stationary and wrote a little letter for Leni to put on the bouquet once Bong arrives back.

Yasay informed Digong about Leni's presence after a couple of minutes but he decided to stay at his office until Bong brings him the flowers he'll give to Leni. "Kasama niya si Joy at Miro." He added. "Sige, sige. Baba ako pagbalik ni Bong. May pinabili lang ako." Digong replied.

In less than an hour, Bong handed him the arranged bouquet of roses. He smiled as he looked at the beautifully arranged flowers, he could clearly imagine Leni's reaction when he hands it to her. He knew how appreciative she was, she always blush so hard when he gives her flowers way back before when they were still together, he couldn't wait to have a glimpse of her cheeks turning pink because of him again.

He walked down from his office and headed to the Rizal hall. He bumped into Perfecto as he was heading to the comfort room. He smiled at him upon seeing him hold a bouquet for Leni. He tapped his shoulder, "Make her happy again, Digong." He cheered for him. He replied with a smile full of hopes.

He peeked on the door and saw how everyone seems to be busy socializing with each other. He stood near the door and moved his sight around to look for Leni until she spotted her.

A smile grew on his lips as he laid his eyes on her. She was wearing a royal blue dress firmly grasping her body exposing her fine curves and edges, royal blue has been their favorite color, it was their couple's color.

He was about to head towards her but something stopped him from moving. He saw Miro approaching her, he decided to go on queue and waited for him to leave before he approaches her. He watched them from afar with the special bouquet for Leni on his hands.