Year 3: No Other Options

Leni decided to keep a distance from Digong since Bolet confronted her as she evaluates the situation and fathom about the right thing to do, to tell Digong about it despite the uncertainty of his reaction or hide it from him forever.

It was Friday afternoon when Digong called Leni and the HUDCC for a direct reporting about the housing progress in Tacloban. It was purely professional, purely a business. He tried to avoid going personal with Leni despite that he badly wants to talk to her upon noticing how she has been trying to avoid him lately — he didn't want to nag her.

"Leni, hatid na kita?" He offered as the meeting ended. It was the first time he offered her a ride home since she started avoiding him, he usually joins her as his personnels drive them to her place; it was like a routine for them before and she missed it.

"Nako, wag na. Kaya ko na." She politely rejected. "Sigurado ka?" He asked, she nodded politely with a weak smile. He looked at her sad eyes staring at the ground, he held her chin and lifted her line of sight in level with his.

"Ayoko ng ganyan ka, Leni." He uttered and gazed into her eyes. As their eyes met, she felt a sudden relief on her chest, he seem to have this power of making her feel better — effortlessly.

A small smile sprouted on her lips. "Okay yan," her smile appeared contagious to him. "Hatid na kita?" He asked again, she nodded keeping the smile on her lips.

Digong escorted her up to the doorsteps of her condo unit. "Ayos ka na dito?" He asked. "Sige, Digong. Baka marami ka pang gagawin." She stated as they stood in front of her doorsteps. They smiled at each other, her feelings for him triggered upon seeing him smile, he was very precious.

"Pano? Mauna na ako." He bid, she nodded. She watched him walk towards the elevator. He pressed the down button and waited for it to arrive.

"Digong." She called. He looked at her. She strode towards him and kissed his cheek. "Ingat ka," she uttered as she exhaled heavily. He blushed for a moment, for him, she was the sweetest; he nodded before he entered the elevator.

She lightly walked back and entered her condo unit. Her smiles turned into a curious one as she heard the television inside.

She checked the living room and saw Bolet. "Kanina ka pa?" She asked. "Di naman." He replied. She suddenly lost a statement to keep to conversation going urging the silence to enter the place. She placed her purse on the coffee table and headed towards the kitchen.

He kept his eyes on the television, his face remained serious.

"Kumain ka na ba? Gusto mo ipagluto kita?" She offered and checked the refrigerator for the available foods.

"Ikaw ba? Kumain ka na?" He returned the question. "Ah, oo. Kumain na ako." She replied and took the ham from the ref.

"Malamang pinakain ka na ng shota mo." He turned off the television and glared at her. She paused and looked at him with a deep anxiety.

He stood up and walked towards her. "Akala ko ba malinaw na tayo? Bakit nakikipaglandian ka parin kay Digong? Ano Leni? Hindi mapigilan ang kalandian?" He taunted her.

"Bolet..." she uttered as she didn't want to argue again. "Wala naman kaming ginagawang masama—"

"Wala akong pakielam. Sinabi mo na yan noon and you expect me to buy that?" He interrupts. "Akala ko ba makikipaghiwalay ka na diyan?" He followed.