Chapter 12 (edited)

Kyle's POV

Wow. I watched Cloe and the girls cook dinner. Cloe threw her brown hair back, laughing loudly. I smiled. The girls laughed along with her. Avery put the food in the oven and hugged her mom.

"Well I'm going upstairs. Call me when dinners ready yeah?"

"Okay." She walked upstairs. Sophia sent Cloe a look and Sophia spoke. "I think I'm going to go on a walk. Be back in 15."

"Okay." She walked out of the house.

"We need to talk. About Avery."

"Okay. Sit." I told her.

"What's going on?"

"She's being abused." My face fell and I became angered.

"Now. Before you go all protective hear me out."

"Okay."

"This has been happening for a year. when I found out I filed a report. I'm going to put a restraining order against him and were going to put him prison for domestic violence/abuse. He will NEVER see the daylight again."

"Good. I don't want him near my family again. Why didn't she break up with him?"

"Easier said then done. When your in an abusive relationship, the spouse, or abuser, won't let you leave. You're a target for his/her anger. They will do anything to beat on you. Threaten you. 'Leave me and you'll die' or 'tell someone or you and your family will be dead' so she keeps quite. The lies she told us. 'I ran into a pole' is because he hit her. Sophia knew and wanted to tell us but Avery begged her not to. I'm taking care of it. But we need to get her to the doctor and get her medical records. We need to figure out if she has any broken bones or such. When we get home from vacation in a couple months. Everything will get sorted out."

"Okay."

"Okay."

"I just wish you would've told me earlier."

"I was but never got the chance." Just then the oven went off, signaling the food was done. Tonight was baked spaghetti. Avery came down after I called her. Sophia just walked in. We sat down and had dinner.

-the next day-

Sophia's POV

My phone lit up with a text from Chase. The guy from the party. It's been a week since then.

"Wanna hang out gorgeous?" I smiled as I read the text.

"Sure. Where are we gunna go?"

"It's a surprise."

"Ugh. Where are we gunna meet?"

"I'll pick you up in 10."

"Okay." I got up off my bed and dressed in white shorts and a blue and white flowered tank top. I went back through my hair with my straightener then side swept my bangs. I slipped on sandals and put a bit of gloss on my lips. I heard my phone go off.

"I'm here." I smiled then walked downstairs leaving. I got into his car.

"Hey."

"Hello gorgeous." I blushed and smiled.

"So where are we going?"

He chuckled then smiled.

"Surprise." He sped off. I laid my head against the window and slowly drifted off to sleep.

"Wake up Soph. We're here." My eyes fluttered open and I realized we were in the middle of nowhere. Grass stretched for miles. There was dandelions everywhere. The sky was clear and the sun beat down and the wind blew lightly.

I got out of the car and he slipped his hand through mine. I looked down and then back up at him. I smiled at him and he returned the favor. We began walking. We walked for a couple minutes until a big Oak came into view. There was a red checkered blanket with a picnic basket. We walked over there. He let go of me and we sat down. After we ate we sat there.

"You look gorgeous, Sophia."

"Thank you. You look handsome yourself." He had on skinny jeans and a white v-neck. He took a chocolate dipped strawberry and fed me it. It started getting dark

"We should get going."

"Yeah." We got up and folded everything then walked back to the car. We left. I laid my head against the window. I soon fell asleep.

"Wake up Sophia." I woke up. It was dark outside.

"Where are we?" It didn't look like my beach house.

"My place. You can just spend the night here if that's okay with you."

"Huh. Yeah. That's fine." He picked me up like I weighed nothing. I laid my head against his chest. By the time I was laid down, I was asleep. He was so comfy. He gently put me down. He covered me up. I was slightly awake now.

"Night Sophia." He kissed my forehead then turned to walk away.

"Chase."

"Yeah?" He turned toward me, getting ready to walk out the door.

"Stay with me. Please."

"Sure." He walked back, took his shirt off and changed into ball shorts and laid down next to me. He wrapped his arms around my waist. I cuddled in closer to him and fell asleep.

Authors note:

I got inspired! I like this chapter!! What do you think is going to happen to Sophia and Chase. It may be pretty clear. But yeah! Anyway. I'll stop babbling. I don't know when the next time I'll be able to update will be. But here's this! Don't forget to vote and comment!!

XoXo-Brooklynn