Chapter 4 (edited)

Cloe's Point Of View:

"Kids!! Breakfast is ready!" I yelled up the stairs. The two girls came trotting down. Sophia was in jean shorts with a pink and black bikini top tied around her neck and a white spandex tank top on over it. Her brown hair was pulled back and she didn't have any makeup on. Avery, on the other hand, had on jean shorts and a pink tank top with her hair pulled back. She had makeup on. I looked at her eyes and something caught my eye. There was a dark purple spot under her right eye. It looked like a bruise.

"Morning mom!" Sophia cheered, kissing me on the cheek.

"Morning dad!" She did the same to her father. Avery did the same to both of us. We ate breakfast.

"Well, the girls and I are going to hang out today. Go to the mall maybe get our hair and nails done. I'll see you guys later! I love you all!" Sophia got up and washed her dish off.

"Don't forget to be back here tonight by 10! We have to leave for our family vacation tomorrow. You took off right?"

"Yes! I did! I love you!! Bye!!" she walked out.

"I have to get to work! Bye girls!" Kyle said, kissing me then kissing Avery on the head.

"Bye honey!" I said. He left. It was me and Avery left.

"Avery? Honey what's wrong?" I asked. She bursted into tears. I got up and pulled her into a hug. She sobbed into my arms. She looked up at me after she got done crying. Yup. Defiantly a bruise on her cheek. I gently touched it. She winced at the pain.

What happened to my baby??

"W-What happened?" I whispered, trying not to burst into tears myself.

"N-Nothing Ma. I promise. I just...just rain into a tree. I was texting and wasn't paying attention to where I was going. I looked up and smacked straight into a tree. T-That's it."

"No. This isn't another accident. Someone punched you. Who was it?!" I was close to yelling.

"You-you'll put him in Prison. I-I can't." She said, slowly down her breathe.

"Him?! Was this Chad? Honey please tell me. Damn right I'll put his sorry ass in prison if he did this to my baby!" Silence. That's all I got from her. It was him. Just then my phone went off. I grabbed it as I left, telling her I'd be back. I got off the phone with my boss and told him I couldn't come in. I went back in the kitchen.

"We're finding a lawyer. He's going to prison for domestic violence." We got into the car and drove to the courthouse.

"Hi. My name's Cloe Star. This is my daughter, Avery King. She has been abused for the past year by her boyfriend Chad Johnson. I want to find a lawyer and sue him. Immediately." I told the girl at the desk.

"Okay. We need evidence she has been abused."

"She has a bruised cheek. she's had a broken arm a couple months ago and comes home with bruises all over her body."

"We need Medical records of her broken arm ma'm."

"Fine. Can I please speak to Judge Alley?"

"Yes. Hold on." She went back and got him. We walked in and talked about it. He said the same thing the receptionist said.

"Thank you. Have a good day." We walked out and went to the store. I got a little bit of groceries and went to the doctors. I got her medical records and put them away. We headed back home. I took my camera out and took pictures of her bruised cheek. I made copies of her medical records for keep saving.

"You need to pack for our vacation tomorrow." She walked to her room and packed. I did the same.

Kyle and Sophia came home around 5 for dinner. We are dinner and those two packed. I decided I wasn't going to stress Kyle out and keep Avery's secret to my self. We all went to bed early.

Authors note:

Here's chapter 4! I hope you all liked this. Some stuff might go down while there on vacation. Who knows? ME! Hahaha. Anyway I gotta go and clean house so ttyl! don't forget to vote and comment!! I love you all!

XoXo-Brooklynn