After the fight

Mackenzie had walked in after she was attacked by Tariq and his friends , Michael and Cara had gone to sleep. Courtney was watching telly in the living room .

Mackenzie had trouble getting up after the attack as the practically left her for dead after laughing in her face. Tariq had threatened to release the video if she told anyone what really happened even though he would get into trouble but technically it wasn't Tariq who did it ,it was his friends he stood their and watched her defenceless . Mackenzie did fall into unconsciousness for a few hours afterwards . She had a blooded lip and a swollen black eye , She also was shaking terribly . They did more than just beat her up they rapped her . She grabbed a pack of peas and put it on her eye .

"Mackenzie ?" Courtney questioned when she turned around to see who had walked through the door .

"Court shh don't wake dad up" Mackenzie said .

"We've been really worried ,oh my god what happened ?" Courtney questioned .

"I got beat up" Mackenzie said .

"No shit Sherlock who did it ?" Courtney asked .

" I was robbed well they tried to rob me when I was walking down the street" Mackenzie lied .

"Mum and Dad are never going to trust you again , you shouldn't be walking down this neighbourhood on your own" Courtney sighed .

"I'm glad it was me and not you or Cara " Mackenzie sighed .

"Don't you dare say that "Courtney said and hugged her . Mackenzie stiffened when she hugged her and Courtney noticed .

"Are you alright ?" Courtney asked concern in her voice .

"I'm just shaken up" Mackenzie said .

"Let me get you a glass of water " Courtney said and Michael came downstairs . When Michael came down his face went white .

"What happened ?" Michael said rushing over to her , Mackenzie panicked what if he found out what really happened . No father wants their who daughter who can't defend themselves she thought . She already felt ashamed.

"I got beat up , some kids tried to rob me . I fought back I'm fine " Mackenzie lied again .

"You should of never walked home alone !"Michael sighed " Let me see your eye" Michael added , Courtney put the glass of water next to Mackenzie and sat next to her . Michael knelt down to daughter and removed the pack of peas, the bruise had turned purple and was fully swollen up .

"I'm going to phone Sian , Courtney keep and eye on her "Michael said and Courtney nodded.

"No dad Don't " Mackenzie said alarmed .

"Why not ?" Michael asked confused .

"Because I don't want to make a fuss just let me sleep !"

"She needs to know Mackenzie , you can sleep if you like" Michael replied , Mackenzie gulped and Courtney rubbed her back for comfort.

"Can you just not touch me ?" Mackenzie snapped , Courtney sat back .

"Sorry "she said, McKenzie took a sip of water. she put on long sleeved pjs even though it was hot to hide the bruises on her arms and finger nails she had a shower, she was sure they had fractured her wrist, she was numb on her thigh from the weight that had been put on her, she felt exhausted and weak, McKenzie didn't want to cry to show her weakness but she did she turned the shower up fall blast so nobody could hear her . Finally she got out and dressed in her pjs , she pulled the blankets over herself and over her head wanting to disappear in the darkness there was a knock on the door. Should she pretend to be asleep? The door opened slightly, McKenzie clenched the blanket above her.

 "Mackenzie ?" A soft voice questioned and tried to get the blanket away , Mackenzie let go and sat up . Both Sian and Michael were there.

"I'm tired "She whined .

"Your eye looks awful" Sian replied.

"It doesn't hurt " Mackenzie lied , Courtney and Cara came in and stood by Sian and leaned against her and Michael put his arm around Courtney .

"Maybe we should take her to A&E "Sian suggested as she knelt down to her. McKenzie suddenly panicked then they would definitely find out .

"NO please don't , I feel shattered" McKenzie said she was very shaky but hid her body under the blanket .

 "Okay .. fine but i need to ask you something really important okay , and you need to be honest " Sian asked .

 "Cara , Courtney come out the room or something for a minute come om i will go with you" Michael said ushering Courtney and Cara out of the room he closed the door behind them .

"Nothing else.. happened did it?" Sian questioned , McKenzie gulped .

" No not like what you're thinking" McKenzie said with a straight face , Sian raised an eyebrow and hugged her, McKenzie tried not to stiffen during the moment or flinch .

"Go to sleep if you like, we will talk about what to do in the morning" Sian ruffled her hair she lay back down and Sian pulled the blanket on her and turned the lights off and shut the door.

" Are Courtney and Cara alright?"Sian asked

"They have gone to bed, they are fine, McKenzie didn't say anything else had happened did she ? she wasn't sexually assaulted?" Michael questioned.

"she said she wasn't ... but I am not sure if I believe her or not we will just have to you know keep an eye on her a little more" Sian sighed .

"Okay , i couldn't bare it if she was hurt like that" Michael shook his head, McKenzie was listening at the door she gripped her hair in anger at herself .

"We have to stand by her Michael even if she is ..."Sian said

"I know and I will I will talk to you later thank you for coming" Michael said seeing Sian out.

"I'LL pop over tomorrow, but you don't need to thank me they're my kids" Sian said Michael nodded and shut the door. McKenzie pulled the blanket over herself and went to sleep .