Key West

Samiya watched Amber refolding all the clothes that had come unfolded with the jostling of their suitcases. She sat cross-legged on the bed, leaning back on her hands, shaking her head. "You know you're OCD, right?" she asked.

"No one asked you," Amber mumbled, putting clothes into drawers.

"Can't you just do that later? I want to go out," Samiya told her, shifting onto her stomach, resting her chin her in hands.

Amber rolled her eyes, leaving the unfolded clothes alone and got up to put on her bikini like Samiya had done.

She reached for her wife's hand and they made their way out of the room, stepping immediately into the glorious sunshine.

"Do you want to rent a kayak?" Amber asked, looking at a few couples out in the water.

"Are you going to try to tip it over?" Samiya asked suspiciously.

Amber grinned wickedly, remembering something she had done to her youngest brother when he was fifteen and she had taken her family on vacation in Costa Rica. Samiya, on the other hand, was not amused. She wanted to make sure her wife wasn't going to be turning over boats.

"I promise," she told her.

"If something happens to me in this kayak, that's your ass, Amber Darling."

"I love it when you talk dirty to me," Amber said with a grin, winking at her wife.

Eagerly, Amber rushed towards the kayak rental. Samiya stood aside, shaking her head. She couldn't believe she was about to let her wife do this. She was all for the fun, but not unexpectedly being thrown headfirst into water.

The women got their life jackets and their kayak and started for the shore, Samiya sitting in the back.

As they began to paddle out, Amber glanced over her shoulder. She was glad to be here alone with her wife. She enjoyed the time that they spent one on one without interferences. And as great as it was to have a boyfriend, she had to give the biggest chunk of her time, attention, and affection to her day one.

"We've been together a long time," Amber said.

"I've been here the entire time, shona. I'm aware," Samiya said, laughing a little.

"I know. It's just so surreal. We've been together a long time. Granted we have good images of marriage, I'm still surprised. We were kids when we met. You had braces!"

Samiya laughed. "I did have braces," she remembered. "I remember when you used to take me to all the parties on your campus. I never had as much in college as you did. I didn't even know it could be that fun."

"Through no fault of your own," Amber told her wife, looking down into the water at the aquatic life.

Amber remembered constantly convincing Samiya to come to her campus every Saturday night and having her getting belligerently drunk. The first time she was really surprised by how much the woman could handle. Especially considering she was raised Muslim and didn't drink before Amber's influence.

Samiya was really shy, so she didn't talk to anyone that Amber hadn't introduced her to, and even still, they would have to start conversation with her. She was at the parties mostly for Amber's benefit. She enjoyed dancing with her and watching how much everyone loved being around her. At the time, it was nice to know that she wasn't the only one who immediately fell in love with her. Nice to know that she wasn't the only one who was immediately taken by her charms.

"I really like Brandon," Samiya said, causing Amber to turn around to her.

"That was random. What does Brandon have to do with right now?"