Company

Amber was lying in the bed cramping and Samiya was sitting on the sofa eating a bag of trail mix when Brandon showed up. Samiya let him in because Amber was certainly not going to be getting up while she was in the room doubled over.

"Hey," Samiya greeted, leaning up for his kiss which he gladly gave.

"You're missing a person."

"She's cramping. Leave her alone. She'll yell at you and then cry because she did it."

"Can I at least say hi to her?" he asked with a frown.

"If you want to take that chance."

Samiya went back to the sofa and back to her program and Brandon entered the women's room, seeing Amber lying in the bed in a ball. He went and sat on the bed and leaned over her, trying to see her face. "Move, Brandon," she complained.

"Hi, Amber."

"Hi, Brandon. Leave me alone."

"What's the matter?"

"I'm having my period and the first day is always the worst day. Get out."

Brandon decided to heed her advice before she did what Samiya told him she would. She seemed to be close to that point, her tone getting a little snappier each time.

He went and sat with Samiya and she offered the bag of trail mix to him, her eyes glued to her Bollywood movie.

"We can't have sex," Samiya told him.

"Why not?"

"I'm on my period too."

Brandon raised a brow, his forehead wrinkling in confusion. Sammi didn't have to see his face to feel his confused aura as she took the bag back from him, popping a handful of the sweet and salty mix into her mouth.

"Not all women have horrible periods, Brandon. I certainly don't. I just get hungry and lazy. And have mild cravings."

"And you're just sitting out here while your wife is in there writhing in pain?"

"What do you want me to do, Brandon? Go hold her hand and coach her through it? She has a menstrual cycle every month and every month she lives through it. You're not in there either, are you?"

"She told me to get out."

"She's fine. I offered to run to get her some Midol if she feels she needs it. She hasn't asked for it. Let her be. She'll be fine in a little bit."

Brandon didn't know how Sammi could be so nonchalant while her wife was in there practically crying in pain. But this was something he had to assume they did twelve times a year, and if Amber was never mad at her wife about it, he was going to stay out of it.

"I made dinner. It's in the oven," Samiya said. "Let me go see if Amber feels okay to come eat."

Samiya went to the bedroom and found Amber now sitting up in the bed, breathing deeply and rhythmically. "How are you feeling?"

"I took a couple Motrin, so I should be fine in a little bit. Wassup?" Amber asked, half-groaning as she pushed herself up.

"We're gonna eat dinner. You're gonna come to the dining room?"

"Puedo tengo un momento," Amber asked her wife, breathing deeply as she started towards the bathroom.

"Take your time."

Sammi went back to the front and went to Brandon. "Amber'll be out in a bit. Go wash up for dinner," she told him before she went to wash her hands in the sink.