Package Deal

Samiya took a deep breath, looking over her shoulder at Amber and Brandon before she opened the door to her parents' home. The scent of the tandoori chicken cooking made her stomach growl as she took each of her partners by a hand, pulling them further into the house as she called out to her parents.

Sita came into the front room with a smile until she saw that Amber was with them, her husband right behind her, both stopping in their tracks.

"I thought you said you were dating a man, Samiya," Sita coughed, glaring lasers into Amber who smiled back.

"I am dating a man," Samiya assured her, releasing Amber's hand to place her own on Brandon's arm. "This is Brandon, our boyfriend."

"Our?"

All the color drained from Sita's face while the adverse happened to her husband who was turning purple at this point.

"Samiya, if this is your idea of a joke, it is not funny." Sita moved to stand face to face with her daughter, lowering her voice so that Kamal wouldn't hear the exchange. "Why would you bring Amber into my house when you told me that you are dating a man now?"

"I am dating a man now. Brandon, he's right here."

"Then why is she here?"

"Because I'm staying married to my wife."

Sita held her temple, blowing out a breath, closing her eyes momentarily before opening them and looking up at her daughter. "Samiya, you cannot have a wife. It is impossible.It's a crime against nature. Just stop whatever prank you think you're pulling and send Amber home so we can have dinner."

"Amber and I are a package deal. Where she goes, I go. Brandon is both of our boyfriend. I am dating a man."

"Well you neglected to tell us that you would still be carrying on with that woman," Kamal huffed.

Amber wasn't upset that Samiya had omitted that small detail. She couldn't blame the poor girl, honestly. She felt for her wife not being at the very least tolerated by her father. With the way her parents reacted to the news of her dating a woman, she could understand dreading telling the news of now adding a third person to her relationship to her parents.

"I assure you, Kamal, I'm not going anywhere any time soon. I'm not pleading for your acceptance. I just want you to at least tolerate your daughter."

Sita frowned and went to take her husband's hands in hers. "At least she's with a man," she tried reasoning. "Just let them stay," she pleaded.

Unlike Kamal, Sita did at the very least tolerate her daughter. She didn't accept her homosexuality by any means, but she loved her daughter regardless and having her over for a meal would be pleasant.

"If Amber goes home."

"You want me to leave, that's fine."

Amber started for the door, but Samiya took her wrist and turned to her parents. "Amber and I are a package deal. If she leaves, Brandon and I leave too."

"Amber can stay," Sita promised before her husband could shoo them off.

Kamal looked down at Sita with a scowl and she looked back up at him, determined to have just one meal with her daughter despite Amber's presence. "At least there is a man involved," she insisted.

Kamal blew out a breath, and with a slight smile, Sita went to greet Brandon, taking his hand. "It's nice to meet you, Brandon. I'm Sita."

"It's nice to meet you, Sita. I see where Samiya gets her beauty."