The Naughty List

Amber and Samiya were planning a picnic when Amber looked up at her wife with a grin. "What are you thinking and is it illegal?" Samiya asked. She had a real law breaker on her hands. She had to be careful with this one.

"Perfectly legal. We're going to pick up Brandon."

Samiya stayed silent. Not because she didn't want Brandon to come. She did. But she also knew that her wife was just trying to test that poor boy by picking him up for a date. Samiya didn't care for his request to court them because she lived in the twenty-first century. But she honored it. And in a way, it was kind of cute.

"Amber—"

"It'll be fun. Come on, let's just pick him up."

"Oye."

Samiya already planned on making sure Brandon knew this whole thing was Samiya's idea.

"How do I always allow myself to be talked into your foolishness?"

Amber just smiled, placing food into the basket. Samiya shook her head. "I'm making sure he knows this one is all you," she warned.

Amber rolled her eyes at her wife, finishing packing up as Samiya went to grab her camera and a blanket.

The women left and got in Samiya's car, and when Samiya started to pass the exit towards Brandon's house, her wife turned the wheel, making her come off the freeway. "Amber, oh my God, stop," Samiya told her as Amber took the wheel from her.

"Move before you make us crash."

"We're picking him up."

Shaking her head, Samiya took the wheel back, making her way to Brandon's place. She parked outside and Amber called him. "Hello?"

"What are you doing?" Amber asked, glancing over at Samiya with the phone on speaker.

"Folding laundry. What do you want?"

"Come outside."

"What?" he asked, confused.

"Come outside."

Brandon sighed, shuffling around. "What do you want, Amber? I'm doing my laundry now," he told her, almost impatiently.

She laughed. "I told you what I wanted. Bring your ass outside or we're coming in."

"We?"

"She made me do it," Samiya told him, and Amber popped her arm.

"Stop snitching."

"Come out, Brandon."

He hung up on them and Amber looked over at Sammi who just shrugged, starting to change gears until Amber got out of the car, leaving Samiya calling after her to get back in so they could go.

Amber walked up to the gate, smiling at the guard who remembered her from when she and Samiya had accompanied Brandon after their trip to the clinic and he let her in.

"Brandon is home?" she checked, remembering he'd greeted him by name.

"I haven't seen him leave."

"Thank you."

She headed into the building, strutting casually as if she had permission to be there, nodding and smiling at the residents as she passed them.

When she got to Brandon's door, she turned the knob, shaking her head that the door was unlocked. "Brandon Alvez!" she called.

Brandon turned from his ironing board and saw Amber standing in his door with her hand on her hip, and he looked at her sideways. "Why are you in my house?"