Chapter Eight

I walked down the stairs dreading to see my brothers that I knew would be waiting for me. My suspicions were proved right when I turned the corner from my living room to kitchen and saw them sitting around the kitchen table. I had heard them talking but as soon as I entered the room all conversation stopped.

They all stared at me, Justin, Lucas and even Brittany was here. My sister who I hadn't seen, let alone spoken to in probably a month or two was sitting at the kitchen table.

They continued to stare at me, as if I was some part of a freak show, and they were waiting for me to preform a trick.

I stared back and almost turned around ready to head back to my room when Justin got up. He walked over to me and wrapped his arms around me in an awkward way. I didn't know what I was supposed to do so I awkwardly hugged him back.

"What happened to playing the hard asses?" Lucas asked looking up at Justin as we pulled away from our hug.

"I couldn't help it! But seriously Em come take a seat, we have some things to talk about." Justin left me alone and made his way to the table; the head spot, where Brittany sat to his left and Lucas to his right.

We had a big table so I could have sat next to Brittany or Lucas but I decided not to, I sat at the other end spot opposite to Justin. The way they had positioned themselves made me feel as if we were on two teams, there's against mine.

We sat in an awkward silence, none of us knowing what to say. I suppose they had some big speech planned ready to lecture me, but now that we were all siting here it was much harder. Its one thing to plan things out in your head and another to put them into action.

Justin cleared his throat and began to talk, he was always the leader of all of us. He was the one you could rely on to take the fall if one of us broke something, but he  was also the when you could expect to give you a lecture for breaking the vase later. I felt like this was a moment where I was getting a lecture, I didn't see any way Justin could take the fall for this one.

"So uhm Em, we uhm- we need to uh,"

"God can you not form a proper sentence?" Brittany interrupted him, "We need to talk about you shoving your finger down your throat.... again."

My jaw just about hit the floor at my sisters blunt words.

"Brittany!" Lucas screamed at our older sister.

"What? Why baby around the subject? That's what were here to talk about, right? So why not get right to the topic?"  Brittany shrugged her shoulders and went to looking at her perfectly polished nails. She stuck her hand out in front of her and admired her fingers. 

"Well Brittany basically summed up why were here," Lucas said glaring at her, "But we're really worried about you, and what this might do to you."

All eyes turned to me waiting for a response. Usually I had and endless supply of words, but right now none came. I just shrugged my shoulders and looked down at my hands in my lap.

"Are you gonna say anything?" Brittany asked, staring me down.

"Yea," My voice quietly rose, "Why the hell are you being such a bitch?"

Brittany had never been the perfect sister but she had always cared and paid attention to me, but now she was different. It seemed like she didn't care at all and she was just forced to be here. She had been popular at school and I knew it went to her head a bit but never bad like this. I suppose University changes people.

"Screw this," She said grabbing her purse from off the chair and her cheer bag from the seat next to it. "I have better places to be then sitting here listening to her bitch at me."