The Announcement

The Announcement

By the end of October, things at Hogwarts were just like they always were. Melinda, Fred, Teddy, and Max were all on the Quidditch team (Fred and Mellissa were chasers, Max a beater, and Teddy a seeker and the captain) and Victoire and I watched them when the practiced on Friday’s like always. Classes were going well and every day the boys got more and more excited about the Tournament whereas I got more and more worried for Max. After writing Jason, he told me that I should just tell Max not to be in the Tournament and that I love him. Like it was that easy. 

It was now October twenty-seventh, which was a Tuesday, which meant I had Charms class right after breakfast. Melinda and I walked together to the Great Hall but were stalled by groups of people looking at a post outside the Hall. We pushed our way through the crowd and got to Fred. I asked him what was going on and he said that there was a post about the other schools were gonna be there by the thirtieth. I swear my heart fell with the realization that the Tournament would be soon and we’d know the names of the champions in four days. If I didn’t have so much self-control, I would’ve fainted.

Instead, I pushed my way through the crowd and got into the Great Hall. I spotted Max and Teddy sitting at the Gryffindor table and I walked over to them as I kept myself together. I sat by Max and they looked at me. “Hey, Paige. Did you hear the news?” He asked.

“That the schools are coming in three days? How could I miss that?” I asked as I grabbed a muffin and started eating it.

“This is gonna be bloody brilliant.” Fred said happily as him and Melinda joined us. “I’m almost done with Dad’s potion so I get to try it out.”

“I doubt it’ll work.” I told him and continued to eat.

“Well, you’re gonna be proven wrong.” He smiled.

“I just can’t wait to see who the champions will be.” Max said. “I want my name in right now.”

“I know.” Teddy agreed. “The anticipation is killing me.”

“I can wait.” I mumbled.

“What, Paige?” Max asked and I looked at him with wide eyes.

“Nothing. Just I can’t wait.” I lied and continued eating. I stood up and said, “I forgot something up in my room. I’ll see you guys later.”

“Bye.” They all said and I heard them continue talking about the Tournament as I left.

Up in my room, I sat down on my bed and sighed. I hated them talking about this. I just wanted it to be over with already and I wanted Max to be safe. I closed my eyes and prayed it would be whenever all this would be over but when I did, it wasn’t. I groaned and sat up and waited for it to be time for me to head to class before leaving my room.

The day went by fast and by the end, I was glad it was over. I did my homework quickly and did everything to stay away from the common room since everyone was now talking about the other wizarding schools. I even wrote my parents and Jason about how soon the schools were coming. Jason, of course, got more details and how worried I was like always. I then decided to go to sleep so I pulled the curtains around my bed closed and drifted off to sleep.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Sorry it's a short chapter! This one is a filler just until the next chapter. Hope you like it! Please comment and vote! Caracat's cover contest entry is the picture on the side