A Moment Alone

A Moment Alone

            Since the second task, Max and I had gotten closer physically. We hadn't had sex but we were getting close to doing so. Every time we got close, I got nervous and would pull away. Max, the gentleman he was, didn't mind and told me we only had to go as far as I wanted to. I was so lucky to have a guy like him. It was now Easter Holiday and we were home for a week for it. That fact made Max and I happy because we could spend more time together. He had been staying at my house every night since we got home; even if his parents said he couldn't. He'd apparate in once they had gone to bed and we'd make out before falling asleep in each other’s arms. Of course he'd get up early in the morning only to come back to my house an hour later. It was became a routine for the short time we were home and Easter morning wasn’t an exception.

            I woke up that morning with my head on Max’s chest and his arms around me. I grinned and looked up at his face. He was still asleep and I looked at the clock and saw it was almost eight; the time he usually left. I poked his side but he didn’t move. I tried saying his name but still nothing. I shook my head and kissed his lips. He started kissing me back and held me to him and I started laughing. I got my lips away from his and looked into his eyes.

            “Well that was a good wake up call.” He grinned and rubbed my back.

            I smiled. “You have to go. It’s almost eight.”

            “I don’t want to. I want to keep kissing you.” He flipped us and was lying on top of me as he started kissing my neck.

            “Mmm I would love that too but we can’t get caught, remember? You’re parents think your home.” I tried pushing him off me.

            His lips left my neck and he looked up at me. “I don’t care. This is worth getting caught.” He kissed started kissing my neck again as his hand started going up my shirt.

            I moaned and said, “Max, come on. We’re both going to be in trouble.” He kept kissing me and started massaging my breast. “Max!” I was able to push him up that time.

            He groaned. “Alright.” He kissed my lips. “I’ll see you in a hour at the Burrow for Easter breakfast.”

            “Ok.” I kissed his lips again. “I love you.”

            “I love you too.” He grabbed his wand and apparated out of my room.

            I shook my head and got up; heading towards the bathroom. The hall was a mess with construction stuff since Charlie and Dad still hadn’t finished the baby’s room. Sebastian’s room was done, though, so Fred now had his own room. When I was passing his room, I heard a crack and I creased my eyebrows. I opened his door and he jumped when he saw me.

            “Godric, Paige!” He said. “I thought you were Mum or Dad.”

            I laughed. “I’m assuming Melinda was here. Good to know I’m not the only one in the house hiding their partner.”

            “Max was here?”

            I nodded. “Yeah.”

            He laughed. “Apparently we do think alike.”

            “Good thing we’re twins.” I shut his door and finished going into the bathroom.

            After I showered and got dressed, I went downstairs in time for us to walk to the Burrow. I walked behind with Mum while Dad and the boys, including Jason, walked ahead of us. Mum was now five months pregnant and she had found out the baby was a boy. As we walked, she looked at me and said, “So Max is sneaking over every night, right?”