Dresses and Dates

Dresses and Dates

            The next day was the Hogsmeade trip and the time my friends walked there with me; including Max and unfortunately Prudence. Melinda, Victoire, and Darren kept a close eye on me whenever Prudence talked because they knew very well I would say something I’d regret with the hatred for her that was rising in my body. Max didn’t seem to notice, though, because he kept talking to her. Teddy and Fred obviously saw my pretend daggers towards her but didn’t say anything. I was relieved when we finally got to Hogsmeade and Prudence went away. Fred and I also parted from our group because we had to meet Mum and Dad at Hog’s Head according to an owl Mum sent the previous night. Melinda, Victoire, Teddy, Darren, and Max went off to Honeydukes and we continued down the street. When we got to Hog’s Head, we found Mum and Dad at the table near the door. Mum instantly hugged us and Dad did after her before we all sat at the table together.

            “It’s good to see you guys.” Mum cooed. “I’ve missed you.”

            “It’s been a month since you’ve seen us, Mum.” Fred said.

            “I know but I’ve still missed you.”

            “How’s the pranking coming along?” Dad asked with a grin.

            “Good.” Fred beamed. “First years are so easy to get.”

            “That they are.” Dad smiled and looked at me. “What about for you?”

            I shrugged. “I haven’t had time to do it this year.”

            “She hasn’t done one prank yet.” Fred added. “She’s just been burying herself with school work and reading. She’s like Aunt Hermione.”

            I glared at him. “I’m trying to help Max and Darren, Fred. Sorry that I haven’t helped you with your stupid endeavors of giving first years boils.”

            “Enough you two.” Mum said and I crossed my arms as I slumped into the chair. “We didn’t meet you two here so you could fight.”

            “Sorry.” I apologized.

            “So why did you want to meet us?” Fred asked.

            “Well other than wanting to help you guys get your clothes for the Yule Ball...” Mum looked at Dad and smiled before looking back at us. “…we have something to tell you.”

            “Ok.” Fred and I said together with confusion in our voices.

            “You’re gonna have a new little brother or sister.” Dad said happily and held Mum’s hand.

            I raised my eyebrows and looked over at Fred. His eyebrows were raised too and we looked back at our parents. “You’re pregnant?” I asked.

            Mum nodded. “Two months now.”

            “Are we trying to beat Dad’s parents?” Fred asked. “’Cause we’re getting close.”

            Dad snickered and Mum glared at him. “We didn’t plan this but it’s great.” She smiled.

            “Where’s the baby gonna sleep?” I asked; knowing full well we didn’t have room for another kid in the house.

            “Charlie’s gonna help me add on to the house and now everyone will have their own room.” Dad said.

            Fred grinned and said, “About time. Jason was fine but Sebastian can be a brat.”