The Forbidden Forest

            For the next month, Max and I were completely happy. Our relationship seemed like we had been together for years and that made it so much better. We didn’t have to go through the getting to know each other stage and we looked like we were together for at least a year; like Teddy and Victoire. And we weren’t the only ones like this. Fred and Melinda were the same way. It was now January twenty-first of 2016 and I have been working hard on trying to figure out what Max will have to go against in the second task. He has been doing so also but he mostly wants to kiss or hang out with me. And that’s what we were arguing about Thursday night at dinner.

            “We are going to the library and researching tonight.” I told him as I ate some pasta.

            Max groaned. “We’ve been researching all week. Just come with me tonight. I want to show you something.”

            “What?” I looked at him seriously.

            “It’s a surprise.” He grinned and held my hand. “Please. Take one night off and I promise this weekend we’ll research more.”

            I sighed. “Fine.”

            He grinned. “Good. After dinner, go change into something comfortable to walk around in and meet me in the common room.”

            “Ok.”

            After I finished eating, I did as Max said and changed into jeans and a sweater and Converse before grabbing my coat and meeting him in the common room. He had changed into jeans and a sweater as well and he grinned at me as I walked over to him. We put on our coats and he held my hand as we left the tower. We walked all the way to the entrance hall and went outside to the grounds.

            “Where are we going?” I asked him.

            “The Forbidden Forest.” He answered. “We have to sneak there though.”

            We started walking and looked out for any teachers. “I thought you had to show me something?”

            “I do. The forest. You’ve never been there before and I wanted to be the one to show you it first.”

            “But isn’t there werewolves in there?”

            “Like I haven’t defeated those before.” He said as we saw Professor Jordan walking from Hagrid’s Hut and we hid behind a rock. We were quiet until she was far enough away and then started walking towards the forest. “You’ll be safe, Paige. Trust me. I won’t let anything happen to you.”

            “I know.” I rubbed his hand.

            We walked into the woods I looked around. It was definitely creepy and dark so I couldn’t see a thing. Max led the way until we were far enough in so he could do Lumos. I actually preferred not being able to see what we were walking in to. There was giant cob webs hanging in the thick trees and moving shadows everywhere. I stayed close to Max and I heard a noise.

            “What was that?” I asked with fright in my voice.

            He laughed. “Calm down, Paige. It was probably just a centaur. They’re friendly.”

            “And what if it wasn’t?”

            “I’ll protect you.” He looked into my eyes. “Where’s the Gryffindor bravery?”

            I glared at him. “You want Gryffindor bravery? Fine.” I took out my wand and turned on Lumos. I then let go of his hand and started walking. “Come find me.”

I ran off and turned off Lumos once the moon was able to guide my way. It started to get less creepy to me as I walked through it more. It was actually pretty nice. I kept walking and soon found a small pond where a unicorn was getting something to drink. I smiled as I looked at it but didn’t bother it. A snap of a tree branch startled both of us and the unicorn ran off. I turned towards the noise but couldn’t see what it was.

            “Max? Is that you?” I asked but there was no answer. There was another crack of a branch and my heart started racing with panic. “Max, come on. That’s not funny.” There was still no answer but more and more cracks. I held my wand in front of me and prepared myself for whatever was going to come out of the trees. A large three headed dog came out of the large opening and I gasped. That of course made all three heads look at me and I got nervous. “Nice doggy.” I said as I started to back away. They growled and started running towards me.

            I ran off and heard them just feet behind me. I could hear my heart pounding in my ears and I regretted ever parting from Max. Where was he anyways? Was he looking for me? Was he dead? Did this huge dog get him too and was now coming after me? I couldn’t panic about his now. I had to keep running. It was getting darker as I got farther into the woods and I wondered if the dog could even see me. I still heard them running towards me but I was getting tired and clumsy. I kept tripping over roots and dirt but I’d get my steps back.

            “Paige!” I heard Max yell. “Where are you?!”

            “Max!” I screamed. “There’s a huge dog chasing me! I can’t stop running!”

            “Turn on Lumos so I can see where you are!”

            “Lumos Maxima!” I screamed and my wand shined brightly. I turned my head to find the dog right behind me and I tripped. I didn’t regain my footing that time. Instead, I fell to the ground. I rolled over and found all three of the dog’s heads staring down at me. “Max!” I screamed.

            I heard harp music start to play close by the dog stopped snarling at me. It lied down on the ground and yawned before it fell asleep. I sighed with relief as hands pulled me up and wrapped me in a hug. “Are you ok?” Max asked as he held me close to him.

            “I’m fine now that you’re here.” I told him. We parted and I looked into his eyes. “How did you know it would fall asleep to music?”

            “I read about it while researching for the first task.” He picked up my wand and handed it to me. “I’m sorry I didn’t find you sooner.”

            I shook my head. “Don’t apologize, Max. I’m the one who ran off and found the dog. I’m just glad you saved me.”

            He smiled. “I’ll always save you.” He kissed my lips. “Let’s go back and clean you up.”

            “Sounds good.” We held hands and started walking out of the Forbidden Forest.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you liked the chapter! Please comment and vote and CHECK OUT THE CONTEST!