M.U.S.E Chapter 24

"Mummy sing the daddy song," Aimee insisted as we sat having dinner one evening.

"We are eating not singing," I informed her as she hadn't touched a thing and it was her way of getting out of it.

"But my daddy is not here and I want to hear the daddy song," she insisted.

"Eat," I repeated. She had been a total nightmare this past week or so.

"Sing me the fuccckkkkinnng song!" she screamed high pitched in temper.

I got up off the chair and walked over to the board, "No mummy, no!!!!" she screamed as I picked up the pen and wrote on the board a message for daddy 'Swearing, screaming, not eating dinner.' I wrote against the date.

"This board is getting full," I said as though to speaking myself but she definitely heard it. "Daddy will not be impressed when he gets home."

She stopped crying and threw her food to the floor. We had taken to eaten on plastic plates and it was a good thing too as my cup and plate followed it. I turned picked up the pen and wrote 'threw her dinner on the floor.... And mine.'

She screamed and tried to get down but her chair was pushed in too far so she got frustrated and started head butting the table in anger.

I quickly pulled the chair out and dragged her off. She tried head butting me but missed and bit my shoulder instead quickly followed by trying to bite my face which she very nearly did, I got covered in spit as she went for me again. Her arms and legs fighting against me as I tried to hold her still.

"Stop!" I yelled over the noise. "Calm down."

She was too hysterical to listen.

I pulled her along by the arm towards her bedroom. Kicking and screaming all the way. I got as far as the front room when she wriggled free and started throwing vases to the floor, smashing them everywhere. I chased her hauling her up in the air and as she bucked against my hold she head butted me in the face with the back of her head. I automatically dropped her as my hands shot to my face protectively and the blood started to fall. She ran and I couldn't see where as my eyes were watering from the impact.

I heard her scream, "No, No!" as someone caught her. I looked around to see Daddy looking very, very angry. He walked out of the room with her kicking and screaming over his shoulder as I made my way to the kitchen to clean up the mess before he saw it. What kind of a home coming was this? He will be fuming... I thought.

I grabbed some tissue and held it to my nose, it wasn't too bad and stopped bleeding quickly. I hurried to pick up the mess on the floor.

As I heard John's feet approaching and him swearing under his breath, I panicked and ran out the back door, around the building and up through the patio doors into my bedroom and into the bathroom locking the door. I sat on the floor unable to breath as I sobbed my heart out and hyperventilated so much I nearly passed out.

The bathroom door opened and John walked in. Shit how did he do that? Did he pick the lock? I tried to run but he caught me and hauled me onto the bed pinning me down.

"Stop!" he growled.

I turned my head to the side away from his glare as I continued to break my heart crying.

"I'm not going to hurt you," he said. "Our daughter on the other hand did get a smack."

I looked at him, shocked.

"What you think I haven't been kept informed about what has been going on here?" he asked.

"I only left the baby for a second, I went for a wee after feeding him and I heard him scream..." I rambled out through the tears. "He was crying so bad his face was blue. When I saw the blood I panicked. He had scratch marks on his legs. I got angry and smacked her, hard... too hard," I admitted. "I'm sorry."