M.U.S.E Chapter 13

"Sorry to disturb you but we have landed and are ready to disembark," the hostess said.

"Thank you," I whispered my voice barely audible.

It was still dark out so we hadn't gone too far.

"Are you ready?" John asked as he came out of the cockpit.

"Did you fly us?" I asked.

"Yes," he said and seemed shocked I had asked. "I never told you I can fly?" he asked.

I shook my head and turned away from his gaze as I thought about how much Aimee would love that her daddy could fly.

I walked, well hobbled off down the steps and across the tarmac to the car waiting for us. John spoke again to somebody before joining me in the car and the driver took off without directions.

"Are you ok?" he asked.

I nodded.

"Cold?" he asked.

I shook my head.

"Do you want to take the blanket off then?" he asked as he pointed out I still had the blanket from the plane.

"How far have we got to go?" I asked changing the subject.

"Not far," he answered.

"Where are we?" I asked.

"Best you don't know," he said.

I stared out of the window. I wasn't going to get any answers so why bother with questions.

A short while later we arrived at a villa type complex and stood at the bottom of the steps waiting was Gordon. His uncle. If that is what he really was.

"Hello," Gordon said as I got out of the car.

I forgot my manners as I looked around me.

"Come in," he said and gestured towards the huge doorway.

Once inside I saw a huge Marble hallway. Stairs that split off in two directions in the middle.

"I will show you to your room and then you can have a look around the house and grounds," he said as he led me up the stairs whilst holding his hand under my elbow for assistance.

He led me to a huge bedroom with bay windows and a bed that I wanted to run and dive on.

"The bathroom is through there, I had a bath drawn for you so you can relax. You can either join us for dinner or eat in your bed watching T.V. or just go for a walk or sleep... whatever you want basically," he said laughing at his own rambling suggestions.

"Thank you," I replied.

"I'll send you in a drink for your throat," he said nodding to my hands.

I smiled and as he left the room I stood there unable to think of what to do next. The room smelt wonderful. I followed the smell to the bathroom and stared in awe at the huge bath full of bubbles. I was naked and in it in seconds. It was lovely and warm, not too hot and the pillow for my head was so soft I dozed off shortly after washing my hair and shaving my legs with the razor left on the side... It was pink so definitely for a girl to use.

"Wake up sleepy," John said. "Here is your drink," he said passing me something strange tasting and sweet. "Just drink it," he said and smiled sweetly.

He put his hand into the bathwater and lifted up a leg. Tutting in sympathy as he saw my poorly knee and swollen purple ankle. He checked the other one and my hands, washing the dirt out of the wounds as I had been to chicken to do it. I held my breath as it stung but he just smiled. I sat surrounded in bubbles as he highlighted my other injuries, scratching and clawing marks from fighting my way out of the taxi were on my arms, legs and neck where he had tried to get grab me. Bruises were starting to appear all over and as I replayed the attack in my mind I felt John cleaning my face with a flannel and I felt a bruise on my cheek.