M.U.S.E. Chapter 1

"Cara pay attention!" my handler shouted. He was average height. Bald as a cue ball and round as one too.

He huffed and puffed as he tried to get me to focus.

"I want her dosage lowered. She is of no use on any mission when she is spaced out," he said to a technician.

"Yes sir," the tech answered.

"Get her ready for the mission and have her ready to meet him when he arrives," the handler ordered.

"Yes sir," the tech answered and hauled me up out of the chair to follow him. "Come on Cara I have a lovely story to tell you," he whispered.

------------------------

"Ahhh here she is," my handler said and raised from his chair to escort me across the room. "Isn't she perfect?!" he said proudly as he stood me in front of a man. "Just as you requested. Honey coloured hair, green eyes, slender, full bust, tanned, height to match your shoulder so when you dance she will lay her head gently against it."

"Physically she is better than I would have imagined," the man replied.

He was tall, well built, dark hair and eyes. His skin was tanned but I could tell there was a natural olive tone to his skin. He was athletic, his body was toned, his chest wide, shoulders broad, biceps filled out his tuxedo sleeves. His thighs though hidden under his trousers were definitely that of a runner. He reached out a hand to make a formal greeting, he was right handed, well manicured, a few fine white lines scars on the knuckles....

"Cara," my handler said jolting me from my analysis. "This is Cole. He will look after you as of this evening and you will do everything he asks. Are we clear?" he asked. When I didn't answer immediately he turned me to face him directly. "Cara. You know your mission. Cole is your superior. You will do EVERYTHING he instructs you to do and he can do with you what he ever he wants. Is that clear?" he asked. Again I didn't answer.

"She is not focused, get me a new one. I will not jeopardise the mission," Cole said.

"She is fine, by the time you get to your venue the sedative will be out of her system and she will follow your lead. She has been briefed. It would take too long to prepare another," the handler said.

"I am not happy, this is a joke. You expect me to take her on a mission when she is unable to answer even you," Cole said.

"Look you try, she is well programmed and her mind just needs you to instruct her, I am not her superior, you are," the handler said.

"Fine but if this doesn't work I will go alone and the deal is off," Cole snapped.

"Just try," the handler said his voice panicky.

Cole approached me sighing and shaking his head in frustration.

"Turn," he instructed. I turned. "What is your name?" he asked.

"Cara," I answered.

"Do you know who I am?" he asked.

An image flashed in my mind.

"Cole, my husband," I answered.

"And you are?" he asked.

Another image flashed.

"Your wife Cara," I answered.

"How long have we been married?" he asked.

Other images flashed of a wedding kiss, the reception with speeches and the honeymoon.

"2mths 3 days, still honeymooners really," I said smiling.

"You seem very happy to be married," he said.