M.U.S.E Chapter 14

I woke desperate for a wee. I was in agony. Why had I slept so long? Dreaming over and over about finding a toilet but still needing a wee and having to find another one. I counted myself lucky I didn't wee the bed and tried to swing myself around to get out of bed.

"Ahhh," I cried sucking breath through my teeth. I was so desperate that trying to sit up nearly broke the dam... but it wasn't that it was my ankle. My leg felt like a dead weight and the pain from moving it was enough to warn me not too.

I managed to swing myself around slowly and hop on one foot across to the toilet using any surface I could to stabilise myself. Finally able to relieve myself I went for a marathon wee. I could have filled a bucket! Before hobbling back to bed. Well that is where I intended to go but instead I decided to go out on the balcony and see the view.

WOW what a view... it was beautiful.

Hills, vineyards, fields, flowers, trees, a stream... I had to see it up close. I hobbled off using the wall as assistance and shuffled down the steps leading off the balcony to the garden. It was tricky but I did it. Getting to the stream was trickier but I managed it with the help of a stick I found by a shed. I sat down and put my feet in the water and instantly they felt better. I was exhausted, sweating and panting. I lay back and closed my eyes. Enjoying the feeling and the cool breeze.

I lay there for an hour or so dozing off to sleep, being woke by the sounds of birds and nothing much else. The silence was deafening. The humidity began to get to me so I got to my feet and with the aid of my stick I hobbled inside though another door that looked like it would lead to the kitchen. I was right. It was huge, cottage type but state of the art. I opened the huge fridge door and stood guzzling water out of a bottle I found in there whilst enjoying the coolness of the fridge. Phew! It was hot!

"Je ne vois pas pourquoi nous ne pouvons pas aller plus loin ensemble aujourd'hui," I heard a female voice say and heard the sound of kissing. "Arrêter d'essayer de me distraire," she said giggling. I looked to the reflection in the window and saw John kissing a young girl, early 20's with light brown hair in a pony tail.

I rolled my eyes and continued to rummage in the fridge and found some fresh tomatoes to munch on and a stick of celery.

"Qui est-ce?" the girl asked in a hushed whisper.

"Nul," John replied. " Continuez, ce que disais-tu?

"Bonjour," the girl called. "Quel est votre nom?"

I stayed behind the fridge door stuffing my face with trifle that someone had left a spoon in and totally ignored them. I was starving and thirsty as I guzzled juice from a carton... No sooner in than it was out again. As I got sick all over the floor and fridge door. It was too quick to stop... but not to quick for her to have pushed the door back and got puked on. Trifle, juice, tomatoes, soup from earlier... pregnancy sucks when it comes to keeping food down.

"Err oh mon dieu!" the girl said over the sound of my puking the rest up on the floor. "C'est dégoûtant," she said and screamed running from the room.

By the time I stopped puking and looked up Gordon was stood there with a mop and bucket ready, smiling and thoroughly amused.

He handed me a piece of kitchen towel for my mouth and I looked down at my puke covered PJ's, the floor, fridge and... where's the girl gone?

"Ooops," I said biting my lip.

"There is no chance of him getting anything out of her tonight," Gordon said with a wink and laughed out loud. I joined in and before I knew it we were both in hysterics.

I started to mop up whilst he ran and fetched me a towel. I hobbled into the pantry and took off my puke covered PJ's and wrapped myself in the towel. When I came out he was still helping clean up the puke. It basically looked like someone had spilt trifle and orange juice everywhere... ok it was me and spilt from my belly but at least it wasn't smelly puke.