Chapter 13

The wind blows a gentle breeze through the leaves. They rustle around in a soothing manner. The silence is serene and peaceful. Not a single bird to be heard in this night world. All is silent. . .All is-

"YOU WHAT?!" Alondra, Ichiru, and even Yoru yell out at Zero. Zero looks at them determined as they continue to look at him in disbelief.

"You three heard me. I'm moving into the Night Class." Zero says again. No joking around or hesitation in his words or eyes. The three of them still stare at him like as if he spoke to them in a foreign language.

"You don't need to move into the Night Class! I'm there and ready to protect Alondra-sama!" Yoru argues with him. He can only imagine just how much more time they would get together if that were to happen.

"Yeah, and how many times has she escaped right out from under your nose?" Zero argues back with a glare. Alondra blushes, and looks between the two glaring teens. She never realized that running away from Yoru would come back to bite her in the butt. She sighs, and looks over at Ichiru for help. Yet he's too busy also glaring at Zero.

Alondra puts a hand to her forehead and shakes her head disapprovingly. "I appreciate what you're trying to do, Zero, but I think you're needed more in the Day Class than the Night Class. I mean, I've seen that other guardian, what's her name?" Alondra questions.

"Yuki." Zero answers her.

"Yeah, her. None of the girls listen to her and treat her like trash. They don't take her seriously at all. I think she needs you more than I do. At least I can use my pureblood powers to force him to keep his distance. Though, I don't have much practice with it." Alondra reminds him. Seeing that it's not a very good idea to have him with her in the Night Class. Really it might not be that good for her heart, is what she's more worried about. There is also concern that Kira could manipulate Zero with his own pureblood powers.

"I'm going to do it. You won't stop me. I'm sure Headmaster Cross will find someone to help Yuki." Zero says, apparently already having had made up his mind. Alondra nods her head. She's always known how stubborn he can be when it came to protecting her and Ichiru. That much has not changed since then.

"I guess there's no changing your mind then." Alondra sighs heavily and turns around. Screaming at the top of her lungs to find Kira right in front of her. Zero being the first to react puts her behind him. Yoru and Ichiru standing beside her as well. Glaring daggers at a smirking Kira. No one had even heard him come up behind Alondra. He appeared like a ghost.

"Well, now this is interesting news. You truly think you. . .a simple Level D can keep me away from my fiancée?" Kira chuckles. "A human, a former human, and an aristocrat trying to stand up to a pureblood. That simply is hilarious." Kira smirks, and only sees a part of Alondra that hides behind Zero, shaking like a leaf.

"My dear, no need to shake in fear. I was merely taking what is mine." Alondra shakes her head behind Zero, and clings to Zero again. Her hands are tightly curled on the back of his dark colored jacket. He pulls out his Bloody Rose and points it at him.

"She doesn't belong to you. She doesn't even like you, so leave her alone!" Zero yells out at him, itching to pull the trigger, but he knows he can't exactly do that at the moment without true cause. It would get him into trouble and would ruin his desire to protect Alondra from the monster before them.

"Now, now, kids lets break it up." The group all turns to the sound of a calm voice.

"Headmaster." Zero says surprised to see the man coming towards them. He sensed the trouble that was brewing and finally decided to step in. He did not want to see any bloodshed from the children he holds dear.