Chapter 31

"My dear pathetic son, you have failed me for the last time. You should have died instead of Sakura." Riku says angrily as he glares at his only son. Kira clenches his hands tightly and glares harder at him, feeling the tree under his feet slowly changing. He fought his way through ex-human vampires and went directly to his father. He needed to be the one to face him after fearing him most of his life.

"Honestly, I'm glad she died. That way she didn't have to suffer by your side as she watched how you turned me into a hateful monster." Kira says angrily as his pale pink eyes turn a bright crimson. His fangs extend and sharp thorns of vines start to come out of his right shoulder and run down his arm.

"You little brat, I should have killed you when I had the chance. You are completely useless!" Riku yells out at him as he does the same thing. Kira stares at the vines growing out of his father's arm and knows perfectly well the battle will not be easy since he was the one who trained him in battle.

"If that's what you believe, so be it. But you're not going to have an easy time killing me." Kira warns him before throwing his hand up and sending sharp vines in all directions. He gets the vines off his arms and jumps through the vine openings to find his father and attempt a finishing blow.

"A little cocky, aren't you?" Riku says as he comes through the vines behind him and jabs a sharp wolfsbane root on his shoulder. A far more developed type of flower, as opposed to a naturally grown one, that holds a deadly poison, even to purebloods. Kira winces in pain and gets out of the vines, landing on the ground. He looks up as it starts to rain and reaches to the wolfsbane, pulling it out of his arm.

"Damn, this much poison. . . I have to finish him quickly." Kira says as a dull throb begins to make itself known but he ignores it and looks through the dispersing vines for his father. He narrowly avoids vines flying at him and feels his arm start to tingle. The poison alone is already deadly, but his increased heart rate is making it spread through his body faster. It's now or never, he has to take him down too.

"Don't go numb on me yet." Kira tells himself as he puts his hand to the ground and with the hardest rocks and minerals in the earth he pulls out a blade. He quickly turns back and cuts Riku's hand off as he tried to come down on him with more poisoned plants. He smirks, but is a little disappointed at how Riku's hand starts to regenerate quickly. He hasn't been injured enough for his healing to slow down.

"You're only making the blood circulate faster to your heart and kill you." Riku says with a cold smile as he puts his hand to the ground and rock creatures rise from the ground. Kira starts to slice away the growing creatures, but there are too many that grow out and he's not fast enough to get to all of them. He feels the throbbing on his arm spreading and he doesn't have much time before the poison starts to reach his heart.

"No, I can't die like this. I won't leave things the way he manipulated them to go!" Kira tells himself and finds strength and determination in him to cause a large tremor that implodes the ground under him and the stone soldiers. He jumps on their heads letting them fall as he jumps out of the hole. He drops to his knee and grips his shoulder.

"Not yet, I have to stop him. I won't let him hurt Alondra-san." Kira tells himself, trying to get his body to work with him, but he's beginning to feel a pain in his chest. He stabs the blade into the ground and unsteadily gets to his feet.

"Too slow." Kira coughs out blood as his father stabs a matching blade through his chest. Riku smirks and then his smirk turns into shock as cherry blossoms begin to circle around both men. He looks up and through the petals he sees a fairly transparent woman.

"Sakura?" Riku questions as he tries to see past the ragging petals. He looks closer and sees a transparent little girl with snow white hair standing beside her. "Shizuka?" He questions as he recognizes her. His hand trembling as he begins to release the blade.