Chapter 21

"Fail." Alondra mumbles as she lies face first on her borrowed bed. She sighs and turns her head to the side, her cheek resting on the pillow. "But that jack ass makes it too hard to be nice to him!" She complains and gives another heavy sigh. Alondra sits up on the bed and looks at the wall ahead of her. She tries to use her powers to break the wall down, but her body doesn't feel a reaction. She looks at her hands, feeling powerless.

Alondra goes to the door and tries to open it, but it's locked. She hits it with her fist and goes back to the bed, annoyed. She looks at the door and swings her legs back and forth.

"I feel like I'm waiting for someone, but I can't seem to remember who. Was I relying on someone to save me?" She questions herself and puts a hand to her head, feeling a bit hazy. Things she should remember are not present in her mind and she wonders why. She doesn't ponder this long as the door opens.

"Ah, Alondra-sama, you're awake. I'm so glad." Amelia says with a gentle smile. Alondra looks up at her and smiles a bit, forgetting that she was trying to remember something.

"Yeah, but I'm bored. Isn't there like a library where I can at least read?" Alondra questions Amelia and her gaze becomes one of concern. Alondra sighs and looks at her seriously.

"I'm not going to run away, so don't worry about that. I've gone over how to even do it, but it all seems like a lose lose situation. So can I please go?" Amelia relents and leads Alondra there. She follows behind her with a smile and walks in first as she opens the door to a large library. Alondra whistles and looks around.

"This was Kira-sama's favorite spot. Sakura-sama would read to him every night here." Amelia tells Alondra who looks at the area a bit more carefully and smiles gently.

"I see. Well this seems like a pretty relaxing place." Alondra mentions and goes to a ladder.

"Eh?! Alondra-sama, what are you doing?! If you want a book from the top shelf, I can get it." Amelia says to the brunette who pushes a ladder to a section of books.

"No, I've got it. I don't even know what I want to read, so I'm going to explore." Alondra says with a smile and climbs up the ladder while Amelia watches worriedly. Alondra looks to where she got.

"Oops, wrong section. The beginning is on the other side." Alondra sighs and moves towards that direction, pulling herself along with the shelf as the ladder wheels itself towards her destination.

"Volume three. . .two. . .one. . .zero. . ." The word that escaped her mouth makes her freeze. She just stares at the book volume number, her hand resting on it starts to tingle. "Zero. . ." A painful throb passes through her neck and her footing slips and she starts to fall back. She hears someone scream out her name, but her mind can't register it. Her mind keeps wrapping around the word 'zero'. Her hand reaches out as she continues to fall.

"Zero. . ."

"ALONDRA!" Amelia screams as she watches the brunette fall from the top of the high ladder. Shock has her frozen in place, but someone else manages to catch her. "Kira-sama. . ."

 "You really enjoy getting yourself into trouble, don't you?" Kira says with a blank expression as Alondra clears out her vision. She blinks a couple more times and then looks up at Kira's indifferent expression. She looks away from his gaze and manages to get out of his arms and turns away.

"Thank you for saving me." Alondra says, and refuses to meet his eyes. Even he too is taken slightly aback by her thanking him. Amelia walks over towards Alondra and puts her hand to her shoulder. She blinks and looks over at her.

"Lets return you to your room, alright?" Amelia tells her and Alondra nods her head. Kira watches Amelia lead her out and to the room. His feet move of their own accord and he follows the two women to Alondra's borrowed room.