Chapter 35

"It's been a week now that my parents have returned and now the school building will be done soon enough. They really put a lot of work into it just to start the academy up again. For us to have an ordinary life after everything that's happened." Alondra twirls her parasol around on her shoulder as she watches construction on the academy. She squints at the bright sky.

"Will you go back to your dorm already, stupid vampire?!" Alondra screams and flies up to a tree as Kaito startles her, she drops her open parasol at his feet. She looks down and glares at him.

"I was going to go! I just wanted to walk around for a bit and see how construction on the school building is going!" Alondra yells down at Kaito as she jumps off the tree to land in front of him, picking up her parasol.

"Actually, I'm glad I found you. I actually have a warning for you-"

"You can't stop me from being with Zero and Ichiru. They're vampires now, creatures like me, so it's okay. Not that them being human would have stopped me either to keep them in my life." Alondra says interrupting her. Kaito grunts annoyed and covers her mouth.

"Let someone finish speaking, brat. I know I can't tear you three apart. I wasn't planning on doing that. You know, I've matured a. . . don't give me that look of disbelief! I'm not killing you as you can see." Kaito tells Alondra who nods her head, seeing that he has a point. It seems he has changed now.

"Listen, I may not have shown it, but Zero is someone I respect. I think of him as a good friend, even if he hated me for being mean to you. I have some reservations about Ichiru after what he's done, but I won't say anything if Zero chose to forgive him. I've done some growing up myself and I just want to apologize for all the bad things I did to you when were younger. And I accept your proposal." Kaito says a little bashfully as he removes his hand from Alondra's mouth.

". . . "

Kaito waits for Alondra to respond as she stares at him wide eyes.

". . ."

His right eye twitches as she continues to stare at him.

"Say something!" He yells out making Alondra jump.

"I'm sorry, I just never thought you'd apologize to me." Alondra says as she puts her hands to her cheeks, still trying to get over the shock. "Wait, what proposal?! Did I ask you to marry me?!" Kaito's temple throbs and he smacks her head.

"Are you seriously this stupid?!"

"Ow! That hurts damn it!" Alondra yells out as she rubs her head. She looks up at him with a pout. "I was joking, meanie!" Alondra says to him and then puts her hand out. Kaito looks at her outstretched hand and then finally takes her hand and shakes it. Alondra grins and winks.

"Just don't fall in love with me, 'kay?"

"As if I'd fall in love for a little brat way too young for me." Kaito says and makes Alondra's temple throbs. She crushes his hand and stomps off leaving Kaito to tend to his hand.

"Well, looks like things are finally looking up. I just wish I could have offered my friendship to Kira, but I guess he doesn't have a reason to be around me anymore." Alondra says to herself as she walks back towards the Moon Dorms. The gates open for her, she greets the attendant, and enters the dorm building.

"It feels so quiet now that everyone is gone during construction. I've had so much time to think, but also spending time with my estranged family. If I had this during my childhood, would I have even met Zero and Ichiru? I can't help but wonder." She doesn't try to think too deeply about it and goes to the couch, sitting down, feeling a lot taller than before. "Huh?"