Chapter 7

Zero lies in the darkness of his lonely dorm. His neck sometimes throbbing as he recalls what almost happened and what did happen. He wonders if he would have been happier being bitten by Alondra and not Shizuka. He puts the back of his hand to his eyes, and tries to fall asleep. Yet his thoughts keep haunting him awake.

He grunts frustrated and sits up. "I want to know." He says into the night. He gets out of his bed, and walks towards his door. His hand stops at the doorknob. Zero runs a hand through his silver hair, and paces around his dorm. "Damn. Damn. Damn." His feelings coming out of control. Wanting nothing more than to just forget his judgement and rush towards the Moon Dormitory without a care.

"That little girl. This pureblood. They're so different, but so much alike. He looks out through his window, and sighs heavily. "I thought I was over these sleepless nights." Zero mumbles to himself. He slowly opens his eyes, and jumps back as he sees Alondra hanging upside down from the top ledge of his window.

"What the hell?!" Zero opens his window, and Alondra jumps in. 

"I humbly intrude!" She says with a salute, her personality making Zero slightly smile, but he quickly disposes of the smile as he looks at the pureblood in his room. She sits on the window ledge, looking around his dorm.

"Hm, it's so dark and dull here. Nice." Alondra says with a bright smile. Zero slightly frowns confused, but keeps from saying anything about that. Especially since that's not what he wants to know about at the moment.

"Why are you in here, Alondra? I thought you had gone back to the Moon Dorms." He questions her. Alondra shrugs, and swings her legs. 

"I don't want to hear Yoru's scolding, like I said before. So I'm still running away from him. Maybe he'll get bored and let me be alone." She tells him yet again.

"So you came here into my room?" Zero questions with a slight smirk.

"Yeah, Ichiru and you are the only two people I really know that will treat me normally. I've made a couple friends in the Night Class, but they're too hesitant to treat me as just Alondra Kasumioji. They tend to treat me like Kasumioji-sama, which is ridiculous since that's Otousama's title, not mine. He's the king not me." Alondra explains to him without thinking. Her eyes glued to the floor.

"King?" Alondra blinks back into reality and looks up at Zero. She blushes, and looks back at the floor.

"Um, I. . ." Alondra sighs, and looks up at Zero so he can see how serious she is being at the moment. "I'm not just the Kasumioji clan pureblood princess. I'm The vampire princess. The future vampire queen. Now you see? My family rules over all vampires, including purebloods." Alondra says to him, sending Zero into a deep shock.

"You're an actual princess?" Alondra nods her head, and looks back over her shoulder at the open window.

"Yeah, and like all princesses. . ." Alondra pauses and looks over at Zero's dorm door. She lightly smiles, and uses wind to open the door to Zero's dorm. He turns back to see Ichiru standing at the doorway, looking stunned at the two of them.

"You might as well listen too. I figured you'd come here anyway." Alondra says with a shrug. Ichiru enters and closes the door behind him.

"You'll talk about what you didn't tell me before?" Ichiru asks her as she nods her head. Alondra lightly smiles, and casts her shining brown eyes back out of the window. The wind blowing her bangs around. She shifts it's direction to brush her hair back, forgetting Zero is a vampire and the simple sight of her neck is enough to awaken his hunger, but his stubborn self tries to keep it under control.

"So, should I start with the day after "The Incident"? Alondra questions them as they silently watch her. She tilts her head to the side, watching them both. She smiles, and wonders how to begin her speech.