Chapter 22

"The train station? Just how far is this place from the academy?" Zero asks as he and Yoru receive their boarding passes from Ichiru. He sighs and leads the way towards the departure area.

"The fastest way we can get there on such short notice is the train, and even then it'll take an hour or two to get to the Hio manor from our last train stop. It's a two day trip." He explains to them. They find their train and get inside, going down the aisle to their cart. Yoru sits down, not wanting to sit beside either of the twins. They sigh at the same time and sit next to each other.

"Two days, do we even have that kind of time?!" Yoru asks with obvious annoyance and impatience in his voice.

"We can be sure that Kira has no intention of killing her. If he does, it won't be soon." Yoru's eyes widen a little as he remembers the night Kira looked over Alondra the night he took her blood aggressively. He didn't seem to have any intention in hurting her at that moment. He did nothing obvious to her when he left either.

"What's with that face?" Ichiru questions as he notices the change in his expression. Yoru meets his gaze and sighs, at this point, secrets are done between them as they fight for a common goal. All three of them want to save the girl they love.

"He's right, it doesn't seem like Kira-sama is going to kill Alondra-sama anytime soon. I'm not exactly sure what the major plan is, but I'm sure that the Hio clan wants to use the powers that only the Kasumioji clan has." Zero frowns confusion. In spite of being raised with Alondra, they never talked about her family or past, and she never really brought it up.

"Power?" Zero questions him.

"Did she not tell you? If you think about the vampire ranks as a pyramid, at the top are purebloods, but there's another category above them. The genetic anomaly that is the Kasumioji clan. They are the only clan that has the power to even control the purebloods. They are The Royal Family." Zero looks at him stunned, he looks over towards Ichiru who isn't really surprised at all.

"Ichiru? You knew?"

"Shizuka-sama told me about the Kasumioji clan. I wanted to know the truth about Alondra, but I couldn't ask her about it. It was obvious it was a painful memory for her and it terrified her as a child." Ichiru casts his gaze over at Zero who tries to take in the information.

"If Alondra had been there... with her words alone, she would have been able to stop Shizuka from killing our parents. Is that why you locked her up?" His bangs hide his eyes, but anger is definitely running through him. 

"No, I didn't know it then. I just wanted her to not see all of that, to stay safe. I didn't want her to protect you or change my mind." Yoru starts to feel uncomfortable as they start to talk about the shared past they have with Alondra. He slips away, not caring to hear about their confrontation, the atmosphere around them is definitely changing.

Zero's pain returns, now that he's able to question his brother again. The little brother he treasured and at once felt like he stole from as a child, he is here now. He is alive and well, sitting next to him, and since he saw him again, he's not sure what to feel. He wants to know the truth that he hasn't heard himself.

"That night, when I saw you smiling. . .How could you smile? About Okaasan and Otousan's death?" Zero questions angrily and hurt as he grips Ichiru's shirt and jacket. Ichiru frowns right back, letting him pull him off the seat of the train.

"It hurts, Zero." Ichiru says with a dark smirk. "Ah! It's quite painful, isn't it? You became a vampire, although you are stronger than before, but you are not complete." Ichiru says to Zero, who is still trying to fight off the beast in him. His anger triggers the unsatisfied hunger in him, and talking about the past doesn't help.