Chapter 6

Alondra looks at the board upside down, since she is upside down on the comfortable couch that was placed for her beside Kaname. Yoru tries to look down at her in disapproval, but the sight of her long pale neck distracts him from doing so.

She pretends not to notice his heated gaze as she runs her fingers along the cloth of the comfy couch. None of the students question why the young pureblood princess is sitting in such an improper manner, with her long legs on the headrest, and her head dangling from the seat. Her neck slightly cramps, but she ignores this. Continuing to try and listen to the lesson. 

To be fair, lessons are the last thing on her mind. Her thoughts can't seem to focus on what is happening around her when she is still trying to figure out parts of her life that have not been settled.

Alondra closes her eyes, and she sees the image once more of Zero holding Yuki. Her brown eyes snap open, but she tries to keep her emotions from showing. She flips back, and stands up in a graceful manner. Her skirt swaying around her. She fixes up her white blazer, and looks at Yoru, who had followed every graceful movement. They lock gazes for a while before Alondra breaks the gaze, and sits normally on the couch. By normally, it means in a slouched position with her knees pressed together, but her feet far apart.

Yoru rolls his blue eyes, and leans against the wall beside the window. He casts his glance out as he sees Zero standing on the balcony with his back to the Night Class students. Yoru glares at him, and he can be sure that Zero felt his glare. He then looks back at Alondra, who now looks like she's hiding and not just being a lazy princess.

He leans down, and puts his head level to hers, still watching the board ahead. "That's unbecoming of you, M'lady. Hiding from such a weak being." Alondra frowns at Yoru's comment. The sound of superiority making her toes curl in her black, shin length combat boots.

"Make another comment like that. I dare you." Alondra warns him, her eyes flashing crimson. He pulls his head away, and stands up straight. The teacher finally stops talking about lessons to announce break time and the hour to feed the students their blood tablets.

A female Night Class student walks towards Alondra and Kaname. Bowing her head and handing them their glasses, already prepared with the blood tablets melted in them. Kaname lets Alondra take her glass first before he takes his. The students watch the two purebloods in admiration before they too receive their glasses. Even Yoru, who still has a hard time wanting to take the tablets.

He watches the light red liquid, swishing it around. The liquid reaching the brim of his glass. He looks at Alondra easily drinking the liquid. He frowns dissatisfied at his master's ways. Of wanting to make peace with humans and such.

"I'd much rather have the tasty and thick red liquid we call blood." Yoru thinks to himself. He would have easily taken Alondra's blood if there weren't so many witnesses, but that is not to be. He resigns, and drinks what he was given. He holds his disgust at the stranger he just tasted. A stranger he will soon forget.

Yoru taps his thumb rings on the glass. He sighs, and looks at Alondra, who looks at the glass in her hand like as if it were the most interesting thing in the world. She runs her medium length black nails through the ridges on the glass. Yoru looks at her, trying to figure out her thoughts. He knows her emotions without even trying, but her thoughts are another thing.

Yoru casts his gaze back at Zero, who now looks at him as well from over his shoulder. "I can be sure that you also invade Alondra's thoughts. As does the other one, but your kind will never lay a hand on our future queen." Yoru thinks to himself, but shows his thoughts through his gaze stuck on Zero. Two hateful gazes locked on each other until the sound of moving and shuffling students take Yoru's attention.