Chapter 19

Years Ago:

"Amelia, these are the masters, Riku-sama and Sakura-sama. This is their son, Kira-sama. They are one of the few pureblood families left in our world, the Hio Clan." Amelia's mother explains to the fifteen year old girl who has finally grown enough to also be a maid in the manor. She nods her head and bows deeply.

"It shall be an honor to serve the Hio clan's young son and the masters as well. My name is Amelia, please ask of me what you please." The auburn haired girl says as she rises slowly, but looks at her feet and never at the Hio family.

She blinks surprised finding the five year old boy with snow white hair and pink eyes standing in her line of sight. He smiles at her and takes her hand. Amelia jumps surprised and looks at her mother who smiles at her to accept.

"Hi, Amy-chan, I'm Kira." Amelia continues to stare on very confused, but then returns Kira's smile. She looks up and jumps as Sakura rises from her seat. She smiles warmly and puts her hands to Kira's shoulders.

"Thank you for serving our family, Amelia. He may be a little rambunctious, but he's a good boy." She says to her, and Kira looks up at Sakura with a loving and gentle smile. Amelia bows again and smiles to herself, feeling a bit of discomfort that while Kira and Sakura are nice to her, Riku is with his usual serious and scary expression.

"It is an honor, Sakura-sama." Amelia bows her head and looks over at Kira who shakes her hand a little impatiently. "Kira-sama?" She questions the little boy. 

"Okay, Kira. You can go show Amelia around the manor." Sakura says with a warm smile. "Just don't drag her around and be respectful." She reminds him, making him nod. He starts to pull Amelia along and pulls her out of the living room, she follows him and glances at her mother who encourages her to be at ease.

"Um, Kira-sama, where are we going?" Kira looks back at her and smiles.

"We are going to explore the manor! Cause sometimes we have to hide from Otousama who wants me to learn boring things! Okaasama says I'm too little to learn such boring things already, so she lets me hide!" Amelia is a little concerned as she thinks about the stoic man. He didn't look at all pleased with Kira's gentle behavior.

"Oh, alright. Then where do you like to hide away?"

                                        ~0~

"Hey, Amy-chan, did you know I have a big sister?" Kira questions one day as he and Amelia walk through the cherry blossom trees that are still yet to bloom. She looks down at him and smiles a bit.

"Well, my mother mentioned it once. Why do you ask?" Amelia questions and Kira squeezes her hand a bit that he was holding as they walk through the trees.

"Okaasama said her name is Shizuka. She has long hair like Okaasama, but her hair is white like Otousama and me. She also has eyes like ours." He says to her describing the sister he doesn't know in the flesh. He's only seen paintings of family portraits when they were all much younger centuries ago.

"Do you think I have to marry her like Okaasama and Otousama married each other? They are brother and sister after all." Kira questions Amelia who puts a finger to her chin, recalling that one conversation with her mother.

"I believe not. Hopefully you'll find someone precious to you that is close to your age." Amelia tells him and he smiles to himself, content with the answer that was provided for him.

"Do you think she'll be pretty? The girl I'm supposed to find, I mean." He questions Amelia and she chuckles a bit at the dreaming boy. He looks up at her and she smiles nodding her head. He blushes a bit at the thought and then looks ahead.