ROUND 30: DRIED BLOOD

"Nellie never showed up?"

Lindsey asked Luke this question as he shoved things into his bag. He was irritated and anxious; this was half because Nellie never showed up to his fight that night. He couldn't really figure out if it was because she didn't like fighting or if it was because of some other reason he couldn't figure out for himself. For once he was worried and he was starting to see how Nellie felt when he didn't listen to her concerns. But, he was still mad at her, so really he shoved down the fact he was currently being hypocritical in the most sincere way possible.

"I don't know where she is," Luke muttered. The room he was in was empty for the most part. At that point it was only him and Lindsey after Luke had done so much to push away those who were trying to help him with his injures; which was why he currently was ignoring the pain in his knuckles and the feeling of dried blood under his nose all because he was anxious over his lover. Lindsey frowned at the boy as he started to zip up his bag, Luke not saying anything as he put the bag over his shoulder and winced slightly at the pain that went through his knuckles.

"Did you try calling her?" Lindsey asked. Luke didn't reply and just stepped towards the door instead, expecting Lindsey to follow him. She did, looking at him with slight annoyance as he looked only straight ahead in anger. He didn't really want to talk about it anymore—truthfully he didn't mind continuing to be bitter about it. He knew Lindsey had a point though, he didn't call Nellie (but that was just because he was mad at her for not showing up).

Luke didn't bother to call Nellie as he stepped out of the building, the area outside of the arena being even louder and full of more desperation for his attention from people with cameras he had never seen before. He was forced through it for a few seconds, the only thing the cameras actually getting were the glare on his face and the blood under his nose. It was interesting since it didn't have any answers, and it almost made him look like he didn't just win the fight he had been working for ages to win. But Luke wasn't even content when the car door shut behind him and the quietness filled his ears for a few moments; mostly because a different sort of nervousness crept up on him. His phone started to ring as this happened, Lindsey looking at him expectantly to answer it and when he didn't she did.