ROUND 29: HE'LL LOVE HER UNTIL SHE DOESNT WANT HIM TO ANYMORE, AND THEN SOME.

"Are you nervous?"

"Are you nervous?"

Luke looked at Nellie with an amused look, the boy making a face that read why would you even ask me that, you dork? Nellie only smiled softly as she looked up at Luke; they were standing outside their apartment building now, the pair having just returned from a date. Nellie stayed with Luke as he smoked outside afterwards, the girl still feeling on cloud nine from the time with her lover. He had planned a little date for her a few nights before, keeping it from her until returned from the gym and changed without context. Nellie liked the element of surprise that came with it, mostly because it made it all the more special to her.

Luke ran his fingers across her cheeks as they stood there, a cigarette in his other hand. Nellie stood on her toes as she inched closer to the tall boy, making him fill the space quickly. This resulted in Nellie smiling against his lips and wrapping her arms around his neck. Her nose tickled his as he wrapped an arm around her waist, Nellie kissing his nose as she looked at the bruises that laid under his eye. She had gotten used to the little marks, the girl working harder to find the beauty in them rather than worry about them so much.

"I'm not nervous," he finally replied. Nellie smiled faintly after he said it, Luke bringing the cigarette to his lips again. Nellie stared at him as he did it, the actions making him look as tough as he really was while smoke fell past his scabbed lips. "Besides," he said, breaking Nellie from her staring, "what do I really have to lose?"

"Maybe the fight?" Nellie said, giggling after she said it; this was mostly because of the look her boyfriend gave her. He started to smile, too as he dropped the end of his cigarette onto the ground and crushed it. He moved his hands to hers, intertwining their fingers briefly before he ran his fingers down her arms to the edge of her shirt. He peeked his fingers under, the cold feeling they held making her hold her shiver back as tingles came paired with it.

"That's what you think. I could lose, but you'd still come home with me—and I'm no genius, but I'm pretty sure that still makes me a winner," he stated. Nellie stifled a laugh at his word, the tall boy smiling at her as she shook her head and laughed.

"Smooth as fuck, baby" she said, holding his wrists as he kept his cold fingers under her shirt to shield them from the cold air.

The two were lucky there wasn't any one around, because they definitely would have gotten looks for the amount of PDA they kept committing themselves to; but neither really took notice. They were just stupidly in love, so they were pretty oblivious, too. It was blissful, and both Luke and Nellie kept hoping it would stay that way. Especially Nellie; her mind was heightened on the thought after her conversation with Michael a few days ago, and it was still bothering her. Half of her problem was the fact she didn't talk to Luke about it, regardless of the fact she knew he would have reassured her.