ROUND 24: HE CAN'T SEE THE FUTURE, BUT HE STILL WANTS YOU THERE

"I'm gonna ask you a question," Luke said; the girl who laid in bed next to him nodded her head

"I'm gonna ask you a question," Luke said; the girl who laid in bed next to him nodded her head. The pair had been awake for a short while now, the two not moving from their spot in Nellie's bed. Rather they just laid there and spoke to each other, the young lovers loving the sound of the other's voice when the other said something. They basked in the sight of the other in the light from the morning sun, with a sleepy smile on their faces and a tired tone to their voices. Luke kept touching Nellie's skin as he spoke and listened to her. Nellie loved it, mostly because his fingers gave her innocent goosebumps and made her feel calm as he moved his thumb along her soft skin.

"Why did you put Jules in the locket, Nell. Why not you?" Luke asked. Nellie only shrugged her shoulders softly. She didn't really know why she had done such a thing. She just felt like Jules always deserved a place in Luke's heart, even if she didn't. Nellie didn't really know how to tell him this without him feeling like she didn't see what she was worth to him; she did realize this, she just didn't want to let it get too much to her head. She didn't want it to be too secure so if she fell again the landing wouldn't hurt so badly. Nellie only shrugged her shoulders again, the boy touching the her bottom lip as he looked at her.

"I don't really know," Nellie admitted (and kind of lied). "She just felt right to put there, I suppose; like she always deserves a place there, even if I don't." The girl said, her fingers playing with the locket as he looked at her. Luke furrowed his eyebrows slightly, the boy not really understanding her self-doubt. He continued to look at her as she brushed her fingers against his skin, the action giving him goosebumps before he spoke.

"You deserve a spot in my heart, Bambi. Always," he said. Nellie smiled when he said it, the look being an infectious one as she laid next to him. She moved her head to rest on his shoulder before she laughed quietly; Luke pushed her head off him to kiss her lips softly. Nellie smiled as he pulled away, Luke still feeling his heart beating quickly as she wanted him to keep going, her mind buzzing as much as her body was over the simple action. Nellie sat up a short while after, the boy she loved looking up at her. He grabbed her hand as he started to play with her fingers, Luke pausing as he ran his thumb over her ring finger.