ROUND 6: POSITIVITY IS EASIER THAN HAPPINESS

Nellie stepped into the emergency room of the hospital, the girl looking around before she saw her friend sitting on the edge of a bed

Nellie stepped into the emergency room of the hospital, the girl looking around before she saw her friend sitting on the edge of a bed. She stepped up to him with her hands shoved deep in her jacket pockets, a frown already masking her features as she stepped in front of him. He looked up at her for a moment before he rubbed the back of his neck. Nellie looked at Michael as he stared at the ground in guilt and self pity, the boy knowing what he did wrong as Nellie looked at him with disappointment.

"What happened?" She asked, looking at Michael's nose that was painted different colors due to the bleeding that took place under his pale skin. He sighed as he hopped down from the bed, the only reason for him still being there was so Nellie would pick him up. He had already been discharged so he was just taking up space at the hospital, but it was a lonely space that gave him time to think.

"Broke my nose." He said.

"What did you say to him, Michael?" She asked, already inferring the situation as she walked slowly next to the boy. Nellie could tell he felt guilty, which was why a large part of her was already siding with Luke, but Michael was also annoyed with Nellie. To him, it seemed like her priorities were in the wrong place, even without referring to Luke when he believed this.

"I crossed a line. Look, I know I was wrong. Okay?" He said, stepping out of the hospital with Nellie still giving him a look. He glanced at her before he groaned slightly, the look being one he always gave into. "I asked him about something I shouldn't have in a mean context, alright? You don't have to know everything, Nellie." Michael said, opening her car door as she frowned at him. He was now taking his anger out on her and it felt unfair, but she didn't want to say anything because she knew if she did he would find something to fire back at her with anyways.

Nellie only stepped to the front seat of her car, getting in next to boy as he glared out the window next to him. Nellie glanced at Michael as she pulled onto to the road, the girl feeling like she wanted to clear the air and get to the bottom of situation. Michael only continued to avoid every look she gave him at all of the traffic lights as he stared at the street lights they passed.

"Michael, don't be mad at me." Nellie said, the boy shaking his head gently as he moved it from against the glass before he leaned against his seat.