ROUND 10: FRIEND STUFF

Distractions became the new focus of Nellie's mind

Distractions became the new focus of Nellie's mind. She had been conflicted based off of guilt for a few days now, not really knowing who to talk about it with. She knew she had people who would listen, but she knew they would either not be able to keep quiet about it or freak out about it. So, to reach her appropriate level of distraction, Nellie got a "real" job. She knew some people were going to be annoyed with her for this, but she worked better when she was busy, anyways. At least this was the lie she was living by.

Nellie climbed up the stairs in Michael's apartment building, the girl also doing her own fair share of avoiding as she began to change everything. She knew this was going to stress her out more than if she just kept everything the way it was before, but Nellie wasn't good at figuring things out on her own. She knew that she would have figured it all out soon enough because she also had a big mouth and a small tolerance for guilt.

The girl sighed as she turned the knob on Michael's door, the girl stepping in and dropping all of her belongings on the floor. Michael looked at her as she did this, the boy smiling slightly in amusement as she trudged over to her couch and threw herself onto it. The boy chuckled as he stepped up to her, the girl groaning loudly as he tilted his head at her.

"Hey, Nell." He said. "What's up?" He chuckled, making the girl turn her head towards him slightly. He raised an eyebrow at her, the girl shoving her face back into the couch as he rubbed her back for a moment.

"Michael, why are people so dumb? I work in customer service for a week and I hate it—and I love people!" Nellie said, ranting on making the boy laugh as he stepped away from her. Michael only found humor at Nellie's current state, the girl lifting her head up from his couch cushion a few seconds after.

"Why do you have a job in customer service?" Michael asked. This was a new thing of Nellie's; and a part of her plan of avoidance.

"Avoidance." She mumbled. "I'm trying to take your advice—except I'm sadly very heterosexual."

Michael laughed slightly as Nellie laid on his couch for a few moments, the girl looking at the ceiling as Michael's door opened. She lifted her head up gently, only to lay her head back down at the sight of the person. They smiled slightly at her, stepping over to look at her as she laid with a sad look on her face.

"Hey, Nellie." He said, the girl glancing at him with a tired smile. He walked past her, stepping into Michael's kitchen. He pulled a computer out of his bag, placing it on the table as Nellie sat up slightly, the girl laying her head on the edge of the couch as she looked at the two boys who were talking about what should have been on Nellie's mind.

"Nellie's broken." Nellie heard from the other room, the girl whining from the couch as Michael smirked and looked at her.

"How would you even know?" She spoke up, making the boy scoff as he spread out papers onto his small dining room table. Nellie mumbled something to herself as she realized his point, the girl feeling annoyed as she pouted in the boy's living room. "Listen, I'm just—I don't know—stressed?"