ROUND 27: BEING MAD SUCKS. WANNA MAKE UP-OR OUT?

Luke woke up to an empty bed, the open space making him confused until he remembered the argument he had with Nellie the night before

Luke woke up to an empty bed, the open space making him confused until he remembered the argument he had with Nellie the night before. He sat up as he ran his hands over his face, the boy knowing that if Nellie was upset enough she was going to avoid him. He suspected that she left for work without telling him, the idea of that making him feel guilty and annoyed as he got out of bed. It was a bad way to start the day for both of them and he knew this. Nellie knew it, too, but she was trying to distract herself from it as she avoided the boy—which she knew was just as unhealthy for their relationship. That thought only added stress to her mind, and Luke's, as they both assumed what the other person was doing.

Luke assumed kind of wrong, because—yes, Nellie was avoiding him—but she didn't leave for work. He would have known that if he listened to Nellie better earlier that week since she told him she wasn't supposed to be starting her job until a few weeks after they were moved in. This bothered the girl, too, because she told him about it with the thought in her mind that he would remember and give her more time of his day since he still had a little more time before his stupid fight she didn't care about anymore.

Luke started to get ready for his day as he realized Nellie wasn't in the apartment. He still got ready with her in mind, the short girl he loved still filling his thoughts despite how he knew she was going to be annoyed whenever he saw her again. Nellie ended up coming home as he was getting dressed, the boy not realizing her presence in the apartment again until she walked into the bedroom. Luke looked at her confused for a few moments as she glanced at him and stepped over to her mirror and dresser. Nellie took off a pair of earrings as Luke sat on the end of the bed, his eyes watching her as she drew her movements out like she didn't want to be seen by him, but also wanted to be in his presence all at once.

Her hair was curly that day, the state of it being its natural one—Luke didn't know this and he realized how awful that sounded when he thought about it. Nellie also wore a soft purple dress that made her skin shine nicely as the thin straps rested on her shoulders. Luke was surprised she was even wearing it especially do to how she usually treated the marks that littered her shoulder like she was afraid of them. Nellie glanced at him as he stared at her reflection with her, the girl not seeming to be able to get words out like she wanted to. She sighed as she moved away from the mirror, her gentle hands placing the earrings in a box as Luke stepped up behind her and took his shirt from the top of the dresser.