ROUND 25: GIRLFRIEND, RIGHT?

It was late as Luke continued to workout at the gym

It was late as Luke continued to workout at the gym. He had been taking long nights there, and Nellie felt like she hadn't seen him in weeks; really it had only been a few days since she had an actual conversation with him. His coach and manager had been keeping him longer than even he expected, but Luke didn't complain about it because he knew they were just trying to get him the career he was striving for. Luke had been up since seven that morning, the boy not talking to Nellie before he left her apartment and made his way to the gym. Nellie was starting to get worried about him in a slight sense, mostly because when she did see him he was half asleep and sore everywhere.

He was overworking himself and Nellie didn't really want to tell him this out of fear it bothering and isolating him more than he already was at that point. Luke continued to take directions from his coach as sweat dripped down his skin. The man stood in front of him, getting the boy to look down at his feet to show him how to place them before getting him to look as his hands. Luke nodded his head tiredly as he turned back to the punching bag, the boy throwing a few more punches.

Luke's phone went off across the room as he continued to ram his fists into the object that swung slowly back and forth in front of him. The ringing stopped for a few seconds, only for it to start up again a few seconds after. His coach looked at his back, the older man walking over to it; he picked the boy's phone up, the man reading the name to Luke. He read half of the name (which was Nellbaby in Luke's phone). The boy mumbled to himself as he put his hand out to stop the swinging of the punching bag. Luke took a glove off and stepped over to his coach before he took the phone and answered it.

"Hey, Nell, princess. I love you," he said, taking long breaths before his words. He greeted her warmly despite his tired state as he sat down on the bench and it warmed her heart. His coach gave him a look, the boy only glaring back at him as he leaned against the wall and focused on the sound of his girlfriend's voice rather than the ones that had been filling his ears with the allusions of headaches.

"Oh, hello, handsome. I love you, too," she laughed, quietly. "I know you're probably busy, but I don't care. I'm gonna come pick you up and we're gonna go eat and flirt because I miss you. Okay?" Nellie said. Luke smiled slightly at her words, the comment about her missing him making him feel kind of guilty as he sat there. He brushed it to the side for a while as he thought about her comments of flirting, him being handsome, and her loving him of course. Luke glanced at his coach's office before he glanced back at his feet, the tall boy hesitating in his words.