The Tour Life

So hey y'all! This is my first fanfic, and I doubt it'll be very good but we'll see. It was inspired by a friend of mine who told me about this idea she had, so I'm writing this for her :) some of the things in it can actually relate to some peoples lives and I want y'all to know you're all amazing people. Thanks for trying out my fanfic! ;D
Here goes!

Chapter One

Today was the day. Today was the day I was going to go see my favourite band. All the bullshit I've been through, all the crap I'm still going through, I can just forget it all. I'm going to have the time of my life and be free for a few hours! Finally, I can enjoy something.

My name is Georgia, Gee for short. I'm 17 years old, I'll be 18 soon enough and I can get out of the place I call hell. I'm a foster child and until I'm 18, I can't legally leave home. My mum was a drug addict and my dad was a drunken gambler, god knows if they're even still alive now. They abused me, a lot. I don't even know how long it was for, I couldn't remember. All I know is they hit me from a young age and to be honest, I was probably a drunk accident. When I was 13, social services approached us, thankfully, and took me away. I never knew any of my family, and the small amount of family I had didn't even treat me like it. My foster parents try their hardest, but my foster 'dad' has a very important job high up in some company, I don't particularly care about it, but they're always away and I never know why. They do take good care of me though!

I'm not your typical teenager, I mean compared to everyone else in Portsmouth. They're all sluts and chavs here, I'm just some 'band obsessed weirdo' as they like to call me. I've lived here for about three years now, my foster parents liked me for some reason and decided they'd keep me as long as they could, which for me was good I guess because I didn't have to move around too much and I could settle.

Ever since the age of 12 I've been bullied. When I first went to high school for year 7 people in my school didn't know about my parents until I turned 12. (You go into year 7 at the age of 11) I knew no body there, I always went to the same high school because my foster parents come from Portsmouth like my original parents did. A girl thought she'd try and be friends with me, it turned out that she was friends with "the popular group" and when she found out little things about me, she'd go and tell them. I got called things such as 'punchbag' and 'a waste of space' which for an 11 year old, was horrible. Things just progressively got worse. At the age of 13, I moved into my foster home. My foster dad likes old punk bands and a few new pop punk bands, he showed me a band called Green Day. Now don't get me wrong, I had heard of them before but he really got me into them. He started teaching me guitar and we'd always play Green Day. He bought me records and t-shirts, we bonded a lot and he felt like that dad that I never had. When I was 14, almost 15, he got this amazing job offer, but it meant we couldn't spend time together. He was the only reason I could be happy, the bullying got worse, I got called 'emo' and 'faggot' and loads of shit around school. I hated it but I loved coming home! Then my foster dad took this job offer, it was in the same company that my foster mum worked in, and I didn't see her a lot as it was.
I got home from school, and I was alone. I felt empty without him, I felt worthless again but I always listened to Green Day to keep him in mind. I'd get a text every now and then such as 'hey Whatsername, missing you sweetie x' and I'd call him St.Jimmy.

I got home from school a few months ago to only find out Green Day were touring in London, 3 hours away from me! I begged but he said no. Since it's my birthday in 2 months I asked for tickets but the answer was still no.
Two weeks ago I got home to find a note..
'Sup whatsername! St. Jimmy here, an urgent thing came up at work, in another country... 80 and I have both have to leave, we're currently on our way to Australlia, but we've made sure you have enough food and money to keep you going for a month or so, we'll be back in around four weeks. But hey, we got you a little present, go look in your bedside table. Make sure you Skype me or I'll have restless heart syndrome ;) or become a basket case.. who knows, ha! Love you sweetie, see you soon. Enjoy your present!x'

The note made my heart sink, I loved my foster dad to pieces, I liked my foster mum but she didn't really like me as much as my dad did. He understood me and I hated him going away. Straight away I ran upstairs to my room, I stuck the note on my wall and looked in my bedside table to see a white envelope with 'Whatsername, enjoy - St. Jimmy' on it. I opened it carefully. There was three Green Day tickets in it and £300 for the concert. My heart thumped, was I really going to see Green Day? These guys quite literally saved my life. There was a note in the envelope - 'I couldn't not let you go, you're old enough to go on your own now. I've arranged for Alfie and Vicky to join you, you'll have to get the train down but I've left my train card in my room, the money is for you to spend of what you wish at the concert, have fun!!x'

That was the day I knew (and hoped) things would get better. Today arrived so quickly, I was meeting Alfie and Vicky in an hour and a half... They were my only friends. They didn't go to my school, they're cool but they're in a relationship, it can get a little awkward. But hey, maybe I'll find someone tonight?
I grabbed out my Dookie pull over jumper, my black skinny jeans and my 39/Smooth t-shirt. I like to keep it old school, I bet most people will be wearing American idiot shirts, ha.