Chapter 32

Rose Weasley

It was now January 27th. Christmas had passed by without any hassle and Mum was alright. Miraculously, James had recovered from his ordeal. He was coming home from St Mungo's this afternoon. Albus and Lily returned to Hogwarts yesterday.

After reading that letter about a battle commencing, I thought it would've happened by now but so far, everything had gone quiet. Even the Daily Prophet had stopped reporting. Usually they were hungry for topics such as this. The school was still preparing in every way possible. Students practised their defensive spells as much as they could.

McGonagall said that students fourth year and below would have to leave when this battle happens as their safety was very important. However, this time Hugo, Lily, Roxanne and Louis were able to stay. I remember Mum, Aunt Ginny, Aunt Angelina and Aunt Fleur arguing that they would come home but they argued back saying that they wanted to help. It was great to see their determination.

At the moment, I was sat reading  a book when all of a sudden Maisie ran into the dormitory.

"Come outside. You need to see this!" She pulled me up and out the door.

We ran down the corridor into the courtyard where a lot of other students were crowded. I made my way to the front and saw the teachers using their wands to create a barrier over the castle. It all connected together and the Hogwarts defence statues came to life. The marched up over the grounds doing their duty to protect the school.

"Headmistress, what's going on?" I asked.

"It's nearly time. We must prepare beforehand." McGonagall said.

"Surely, they can break this protection." Maisie said.

"Yes that's correct but it's better to be safe than sorry." McGonagall sighed.

Maisie and I then went back into the castle amongst the crowds of students trying to get to safety. We bumped into Josh and Jenson.

"We've just heard from the Wizarding Radio that Rachel, Marcus and Reece have escaped from Azkaban. They've broken out!" Jenson panted.

"So that means they're coming here?" I said.

"It looks like it. Of course they would have some involvement in this battle. They are the ones who are probably leading it." Josh said.

"Have you seen Albus?" I asked.

"No sorry, we tried looking for him and we thought you might be with him." Jenson said.

"Maybe he's with Lily. Try the library." Maisie suggested.

I nodded and ran to the library. Many students were heading in different directions trying to get out of the castle before the battle. The younger students were also being evacuated at the same time.

I found Albus and Lily in the library looking out over the Hogwarts grounds.

"Are you both alright?" I asked them as I sat down next to Lily.

"Yeah we're fine. Is McGonagall putting up defences around the school?" Albus said.

"Yeah she said it's better to be safe than sorry. They'll probably get broken anyway." I replied.

"Smart thinking." Lily said.

"Anyways, I think we better head down to the Great Hall, I'm guessing all of our family will be there." I said getting up.

Albus and Lily followed me to the Great Hall. The castle had deserted a bit now. As we got to the Great Hall, all of my Aunts and Uncles as well as Mum and Dad were here alongside the teachers and Aurors.