Future of an Immortal part 27

Here goes another chapter.... yea I know, "What? She's updating?!?! LE GASP!" 

Chapter 27

    "I'll repeat my question. Who are you?" My eyes narrowed at the man, dressed rather inappropriately to pull off a murder. His slicked back dark hair matched his black suit, and it looked as if he was going out for a meeting at the office. 

       "I'll repeat my answer. I am your death."

His vague answers were really starting to tick me off. "Oh yea? And how would you be planning on doing this?" Either he was an idiot and didn't know I couldn't be killed, or he actually knew the only thing that could. I was really hoping it wasn't the latter. 

   Who are you kidding, they have information on that! I think the answer here is that you just might be screwed. After giving myself such a nice pep talk came the determination that I would not go down without a fight. If they wanted me dead by golly, they would have their work cut out for them.

     "You've been causing quite a bit of trouble for us lately, so the higher ups decided it was time to take you down."

      "80-some years went into this research. Are you sure you want to destroy that?" My last hope was that he was bluffing and there was some trap to get me back to their labs. Then again, when am I ever right about these things? Actually, that brings the question forward of when am I ever lucky?

     The grim reaper in a suit didn't even blink at my logic. "80 years huh? You seem to think you're more important to us than you actually are. Has it occurred to you that there were more experiments like you? By your expression, I'll bet you haven't."

     More people caught in the same trap as I was? Just how many were there? I glared at the man, who obviously enjoyed seeing me thinking so hard. Around now I began to notice movement in the shadows around me. Surrounded.

    He's really here to kill me. This is bad. Very very bad.

     "So these other experiments-" I started, but was cut off by his unecessarily loud voice.

    "They are like you, correct. Maybe not with the same abilities as you, but trust me, it's a small loss. We got enough data from you that your existence is more trouble than it's worth. "

     "How many are there?"

     "Hmm... I can't really say. The institute you were brought to was only a small containment center, and only the experiments they're deciding whether to terminate or not get sent there," He shrugged nonchalantly, as if killing living beings was nothing. To him, it was nothing.

     "Oh really? How easy was it to create something like me? I must have taken years of research and tons of money. Just how would they be getting funding for this?"

     "You don't seem to understand the situation. You can't talk your way out of this, and try to prove that your old body is worth something. You will die today."

I don't know why, maybe it was the fact that I had just almost begun to believe I could live a normal life, or at least for a little while I could pretend that I wasn't an inhuman creation, and could do things as simple as hang out with people I could call friends. Maybe living wasn't so bad. His eyes watched my reaction with interest to the news that I would die. Looking at my life, I was a monstrosity who shouldn't have even lived past my sixteenth birthday. I knew that. It was wrong of me to ask for more, I knew that too. 

My breathing came quicker as the idea of leaving the others set in. My eyes met the killer's- his were only revealing how much fun he was having in this situation. I decided that if I was meant to be killed, so be it. But if I could help it, it wouldn't be this sicko who got to do it.