12

"Why didn't we just stay in the shops?" Victoria asked, twirling around her long red hair as we loaded up our truck with supplies. Well, she wasn't. Victoria was slumped comfortably in the corner wearing a new purple dress. George was still asleep on the other side of the truck, the poor kid.

"Because, there's already other survivors in there and we already have a destination. And eventually some people are going to go in there and take over and try to build up a society which is stupid. So we're staying on the road," Chris put it simply as he stacked up some boxes of clothes and food.

I grabbed another box off the road and handed it to Chris. "You've thought about this a lot, haven't you?"

He shook his head. "Nah, not really,"

Chris took the box I handed him and he studied it carefully. He quickly looked inside and smiled. "This one is going in the front. Me and Sade are driving first,"

I raised an eyebrow and took the box to the front of the truck. Chris smirked as I left. I resisted the urge to look and decided I'd let Chris surprise me. I went back to the back of the truck and continued to help the others pack. West was wearing a black muscle singlet and some colourful board shorts. Ryder was just wearing a tshirt with some random pattern on it and denim shorts. Lace wore a pastel coloured jumpsuit and Jonah wore a green shirt that declared 'HULK SMASH' and rolled up skinny jeans. His white socks were still pulled up knee high.

"Ok, I think we are done here. Lets get moving so we can find camp before dark," Greta said, hands on hips.

"C'mon Sadie! I've got a surprise for you..." He grabbed my arm and dragged me along to the front of the van. I jumped in the passenger seat and he went in the driver's. He started the car and we were off. I told him which roads to take until we'd made it onto the highway.

"Ok, Sade. Open up the box," He said, grinning still.

I picked up the heavy box and put it on my lap. I opened up the cardboard flaps and was greeted by a wondrous sight.

"Chris, I fucking love you man,"

He giggled. I dug through the box of CDs he had collected and began to figure out his music taste.

"Is this all you got?"

"No way! I have like three more. I got a lot of compilations too,"

"This is great! Who to play first...?" I raised an eyebrow.

He shrugged. "I don't mind, your choice. It's all my favourites anyways,"

I dug through the box, plenty of good CDs in there to choose from. Naturally he had all the Arctic Monkeys albums, but he had so many others I'd never listened to either. I searched for a while longer until I laid eyes on a most beautiful sight.

"Oh my god, Chris..." I said, my voice escaping me.

Chris laughed, eyes on the road. "What'd you find?"

"I found the INXS stash. Jesus, you even have the greatest hits,"

"The Very Best, Sadie," He corrected me.

"Shut the fuck up, I putting this on,"

I slipped in the CD and skipped to the track I wanted.

"Don't Change, gotta love the old stuff,"

"Oh yeah," I put my legs up on the dashboard and tapped the seat along to the start of the song. "I always thought Shabooh Shoobah was their first album until I dug up my dad's old CDs,"

"Really? INXS is a great album! I can't believe you didn't know about it,"

"Well, I do now. It is really great too,"