26

"We gotta go guys!"

Ryder shouted as his fingers entwined with Lace's and they ran back inside. The zombies snarled again and a few of them broke away from the pack. They bolted for us as we bolted inside. West grabbed Greta and pulled her out of the way as a greying hand reached for her. I pulled Tina to her feet, we had gotten the full force of the heavy door, as the horde grew closer and the runaways of the pack were now attacking us. One clawed at me, but Cleo managed to bat it away and smash it over the head as it cowered. Brain matter and black ooze splattered over every still fighting off the horde. Tina was limping and delusional, a hand reached for her and pulled her dangerously close to its unhinged jaw. I yanked her arm as Jonah grabbed me by the collar of my shirt, dragging me inside. Cleo slammed the door shut as the groans grew angry.

Tina fell toward on top of me and we laid there on the ground catching our breaths for a few moments.

"C'Mon, we got to get out of here," West said pull Tina up off of me. I can't see him in the dark backstage area we're in right now, but I assume he picked up Tina thinking it was me. "Hold up, you're not Sadie,"

"That's Tina, you can be acquainted in a few minutes when we are on the road far away from here," Jack said, I could make out his voice but I didn't know where he was.

I was a little disorientated. My head throbbed with every zombie fist that pounded on the door. The darkness of my surroundings seemed to swirl before my eyes. I wanted to sleep.

Someone pulls me up by my armpits and my head spins. I lose my footing but the same person holds me up.

"C'mon Sade, just gotta get to the car," Chris said as he hauled me along the stage and down to the door everyone else seemed to be huddled around. I struggled to keep my eyes open.

"Sadie, did you hit your head really hard on the wall?" Chris asks, his voice soft and slow, as if he was talking to a little kid. And I can just barely understand it as it feels like I'm being crushed.

"It hurts, I don't feel right," I mumble. The group are talking in hushed voices, fast and worridely.

Chris cups my cheeks and my eyes go to his. "Hey, don't worry. You gotta stay awake though, you might have concussion,"

I nod, and suddenly the door is thrown open and the sunlight nearly blinds me. My eyes widen. At least I'm awake now...

Everyone runs out of the door, weapons in hand. I pat my shorts, and find my makeshift rope knife belt has fallen off. I look up and the undead are everywhere, having ambushed the car park. Everyone is fighting them off, blood and entrails flying around. I stand still for a moment, and it feels like the world does too.

It was like slow motion. I watched as my friends fought off the huge amount of zombies as they attempted to get to the van with the amps spilling from it. Cleo and Lace were crying out in frustration as one zombie took multiple hits to go down, their boys fighting beside them. Tina was on Jack’s shoulders, clambering up to the top of a car like a monkey. Jack helped Victoria up and guided the two girls on how to use the guns. West and Greta were being completely ambushed, a zombie becoming dangerously close to biting a chunk of flesh from his wrist. Jonah and Chris were back to back, slashing throats and slicing limbs. I saw something strung over Chris’ shoulder, my rope belt. I needed to get it.

Gunfire rang throughout the carpark as bullets flew in the air, the corpses dropping to the ground. I bolted behind a pack of them, a few crawling on the ground reaching for my ankles. I slid across the bonnet of a sedan and kicked a zombie aside.

“Chris!” I screamed at him. Chris looked over to me, beads of sweat dripping from his forehead. I held out my hand, signalling for him to throw me the belt. He nodded, opening a car door to block the zombies for a moment. He threw the belt and it spun mid-air, before I caught it and tied it around my waist. I pulled two knives from it, and jumped off the car into a swarm of the undead.