2

We all stood there, shocked and alone, taking in what we just saw.

"It's the zombie apocalypse out there," Ryder said what we were all thinking.

We would've been standing there for ages, but we heard shuffling feet coming up the stairs.

Chris and West's quick thinking bought us some time. They barricaded the door with the teacher's heavy desk, locked the windows and closed the blinds. I saw a lounge in the staff room and got the girls to help me drag it in, not knowing how long we could be here for. I kept the key for the staff room incase we needed any food.

We stood on the desks to get a look out the high windows at the changed roaming the school. Dead bodies were now scattered across the concrete, blood trailed everywhere. Screams seemed to echo through the city. Cars screeched, houses caught fire and people lay eaten in the streets.

Oh, what a world.

We sat on the lounge for a while, hearing the screams from the living and inhuman noises coming from the changed.

Lace was hysterical. "We're gonna die! We are so going to die! I don't want to be eaten by zombies! I bet I'm not even tasty!" She was mumbling to herself and was totally inconsolable. West was ready to throw her out to the zombies.

"Aw, don't be like that! There's plenty of other people that the zombies will want to eat first!" Ryder said comfortingly. This only made Lace cry more. "Ah... Crap, that came out wrong..."

West wandered around the room, looking as if he was devising a plan. Chris came over to me, he looked as if he had an idea.

"Sadie, do you have the key to the staff room still?" He said, I was surprised he knew my name. Ryder was the only one who spoke to me out of there group.

"Yeah, I do. Why?" I got up and followed him to the door.

"I want to see if there's any laptops or stuff with internet connection, because we might be able to get some information about what's going on,"

"Ah," I got out the keys and unlocked the door.

The staffroom had a stale odor and had a suspicious amount of USBs present. Chris went towards the head teacher's desk and searched for any electronics. I searched around the other desks. I saw nothing of use, and was about to go back into the classroom bunker when Chris let out a cheerful "Yes!"

I ran around the middle table to Chris on the other side. "What did you find?"

"I found this computer. It's old and slow but it has connection," Chris pointed at the chunky monitor of the ancient desktop computer.

Chris was immediately inundated with information about the current situation of crisis. Australia, North and South America and parts of Asia were in quarantine with the contagion. The current number of deaths from it were too large to even give an estimate for. Central Australia was being deemed the evacuation point, but both Chris and I knew that it would be stupid to try to go there.

We were able to salvage a few scraps of important information about the zombies before the connection cut out. We also found a few conspiracy theories that the US government had been hiding the infected in a basement before the disease spread. It seemed far fetched, but almost believable with the state of things.

"Shit... That's a lot to take in..." Chris said, almost whispering.

"I know, we better tell the others,"

Before we could greet the others with the bad news, we heard another scream. Although this one sounded nearby and Chris recognized the voice.

"Harry!" West hollered in the other room. Chris darted out and I followed.